/stop casting, Mage raid DPS in 2.3

#0 - Oct. 18, 2007, 4:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just read an offhand comment in a thread that stop casting is going to be built in somehow in the next patch. If you don't know what this means, when you are chain casting a spell with a cast time of greater than or equal to 1.5 sec, there is a slight gap in time, approx equal to your lag, between each spell cast.

Currently, deep arcane coupled with a mystic skyfire was the the #1 raid DPS build for mages, but with the coefficient tax lifted, and the MSD nerf, what's coming out on top in terms of raid dps on the PTR?

I posted this in general because the /stop casting change affects any class that nukes in a raid.

Any info?
#2 - Oct. 18, 2007, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I just read an offhand comment in a thread that stop casting is going to be built in somehow in the next patch. If you don't know what this means, when you are chain casting a spell with a cast time of greater than or equal to 1.5 sec, there is a slight gap in time, approx equal to your lag, between each spell cast.

Currently, deep arcane coupled with a mystic skyfire was the the #1 raid DPS build for mages, but with the coefficient tax lifted, and the MSD nerf, what's coming out on top in terms of raid dps on the PTR?

I posted this in general because the /stop casting change affects any class that nukes in a raid.

Any info?

The change is actually in the patch notes right now under the General heading-

• Client spell cast requests are now sent to the server even if your player is already casting another spell. This eliminates the need for /stopcasting in macros to compensate for latency.

#11 - Oct. 18, 2007, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thanks as well Neth, a very welcome change!

Tell the Dev's I said they can have a cookie. :)

I'm sure they'll appreciate that. ;)