Patch 2.3 and elites in instances

#0 - Oct. 23, 2007, 9:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm aware that with 2.3 elites will be changed to non-elite to allow for more solo play or, at the very least, lessen the need to get a certain group of people to finish an instance.

Well, what I would like to know is does this conversion of elites to non-elites apply to Onyxia, Naxx, AQ, UBRS, LBRS etc?

If it does I might actually run those instances - heck solo some of them with a twinked out 70 if they're non-elites. Wooot!
#2 - Oct. 23, 2007, 9:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The monsters that are having the elite-tag removed are in the outside world. The example we gave is Stromguarde Keep which had a lot of elite monsters in an outside area. With this update a lot of people will be able to complete this big series of quests for lots of experience to help them level faster without having to find a group.

Inside instances, monsters will still be elite, but some will just be a lower level.
#21 - Oct. 23, 2007, 9:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you.

Any chance of altering Pre-BC end-game instances to allow for easier access (ie. trash mobs becoming non-elite)?

A lot of those instances are just collecting cobwebs because none of the gear is as important anymore.

Wondering if someday they will change it so that more people (non-raid) can enjoy them?

Naxxramas will be updated to the 25 person raid model for players at level 80 in Wrath of the Lich King. Outside of this instance, we have no plans at this time to update any of the "Old World" end-game content. Grab a few friends and swing by for old time's sake if you want though, Ragnaros misses the company.