Rolling on chests after patch 2.1

#0 - May 29, 2007, 9:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok before patch 2.1 we were all able to roll for chests and the winner would get what was inside.

After 2.1 that all changed. When someone opens a chest, if there are greens everyone gets to roll on it.

IMO this is a pointless thing blizz did because it causes chaos amongst pugs and there is no points to chest anymore.

Here's how:

I was in a pug for slabs although I knew everyone in the group I knew we would be ok. So we come upon a chest and we all rolled for it. The hunter in the group won. So as he opens the chest he gets the gold which is divided between all of us and he got a scroll. Then a rare boe came out and everyone got a chance to roll forit. I passed on it which imo was the right thing to do since the hunter won the roll. But the pally in the group needed it and the hunter got mad and he rolled need the pally ended up winning and the hunter kicked him out.

What ended up happening was the pally apologized and got invited back to the group and stated that he was sorry because he has never been in that situation before , he gave back the boe rare weapon to the hunter.

I don't see what's the point of rolling for chests anymore.

You might say its better because of those ninjas out there but if you knew your group you wouldn't have that problem in which this case I knew the group and never had that problem but the change of rolling for greens and rares inside chests made that happened with 2.1

Share your thoughts on this and state if you also had a sumilar problem.

Maybe we can get it back how it was before 2.1
#4 - May 29, 2007, 9:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You just dont roll for chests anymore.

Exactly. This change means that players no longer have to /roll for chests.