Who is the most powerful being in Warcraft?

#0 - Dec. 3, 2006, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As far as I can tell from reading the lore it is probably Sargeras, but I dont understand if the other Titans are so concerned about him they dont just gang up on him and end the threat?

Also if he is so powerful and created worlds etc, why all the need for the summoning him into Azeroth etc? Or is there another character im missing here?

p.s: nerf Sargeras, he is overpowered
#37 - Dec. 3, 2006, 7:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Since the titans seem to be able to lock up gods and throw away the key, I'm going to have to go with the titans. Those are my personal thoughts any way.

Q u o t e:
Tseric...or maybe Drysic... we'd have to see thembattle it out... OH!!! WAIT!!!! What about Copperhead?!

Why do people put an "i" in my name? I'm not offended or anything of that sort, just curious as to what's causing it. Does it seem like there should be a vowel there? I'm genuinely curious as it seems to be a common mistake.
#59 - Dec. 3, 2006, 7:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Um...I'll partially agree with you Drysc. Here's the thing though. Weren't there only 3-5 old gods? From what I can infer from the lore, there are a few more Titans so the ratio isn't 1:1. It's like Horde v. Alliace. The Titans won because of numbers and even then they didn't truly win. They couldn't kill them, they could just imprison them.

Also, the old gods were all set to kill Sargeras when coming through the portal over the well during the Sundering and they were pretty darn sure that there would be no problems with that.

I'm going to have to say in a one on one fight with any being, a fully powered old god (not the weakened, imprisoned state like C'thun) will win hands down.

If it was the pantheon then it would have been close to 1:1, and also don't forget that the titans have indeed killed one old god which can be seen in Darkshore.

I'm not a huge lore buff so don't take my statements as fact, just opinion from what little I know. :)
#80 - Dec. 3, 2006, 8:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm thinking it's because your name doesn't have a "real" vowel in it. I know "y" can count as a pseudo-vowel for words like why, hymn, rhythm, and myth.

For Elementus, I think the pronunciation would be more like "Drisk" a 1 syllable name. The "y" should be pronounced like the "y" in hymn. At least that's how I'm pronouncing it. Can we get a confirmation Drysc?

I personally use the one that you've outlined. It's a single syllable and rhymes with 'brisk'.

Even if one were to be spelling by pronunciation (dangerous with the English language) I'm not sure how one could assume a silent or missing vowel between the S and C. It doesn't adhere to any common practice or linguistic assumption that I'm aware of.

It's not particularly annoying, I just don't understand the error and how it seems to be so common. Possibly it only seems more common as I'm more prone to notice it, but I do see it fairly often.
#135 - Dec. 3, 2006, 10:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Pretty Bad when the WoW poster is wrong.

The most powerful beings go like this:

God (The first almighty -> NOT THE OLD GODS)
Titans
The Old Gods
Elune
Earthmother
etc. down the list of demigods

Admittedly my lore knowledge is certainly limited. What reference or information is available that you can cite on there being a first singular deity in the Warcraft universe?

If speaking in technical terms then Chris would be the most powerful being. :)
#146 - Dec. 4, 2006, 12:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Quite honestly the The Lick Kings true power revolves around his army. An army that grows every time an enemy of his dies. I think in a fight, Sargeras would get his face smashed in.

:O

What game are you playing?