I hope the convert from +healing to +dmg is..

#0 - Sept. 27, 2007, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
a talent deep within a healing tree of the respective classes. If it is an overall passive change that applies to all classes, then that would make offensive caster classes extremely overpower.

So far, I assume that 1/3 of the +healing is translated to +spell damage ability comes from a talent deep within a healing talent tree, much like 1/3 of the AP is translated to +spell damage for Enhancement Shamans comes from Mental Quickness.

If my assumption is wrong, then woe to non-casters.
#10 - Sept. 27, 2007, 7:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The current plan is for items that currently only provide a plus to healing, to also provide a plus to spell damage that is about 1/3 of the amount of the healing. As a rough example, if an item right now has plus 75 to healing, it will also get plus 25 to spell damage. This will allow casters who have a lot of healing only gear to get a little extra plus to damage for when they need to use those spells.
#41 - Sept. 27, 2007, 7:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just to try and prevent any confusion with all the numbers being thrown around, we don't intend to change the amount of healing that is on these items. So a +75 to healing item will remain +75 to healing. The +25 to spell damage is meant to be a separate statistic that provides a little bonus to their spell damage for when these people need to use these spells.

I understand that plus to spell damage equals plus to healing, so I'm not exactly sure how the information will be shown on the item in the game, but hopefully it makes sense on what the final amounts will be.
#55 - Sept. 27, 2007, 7:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So is the +dmg and healing gear going to get a buff to the +dmg portion? It only seems fair.

This change is meant for items that currently provide only plus to healing.
#74 - Sept. 27, 2007, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
One question. When?

When it's ready...? I apologize for being vague, but we have to go through a lot of items to make this happen and so we won't have an exact patch until it's about to be implemented. Keep an eye out for updates as we are excited to get this put in the game for all you healers. :)