My god. . . . . . I hate us

#0 - Feb. 14, 2007, 3:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Now that I have hit 70 I have started running BG's again, and recently had my first encounter with a BE paladin.

Not having to deal with paladins is so ingrained in my brain that I didn't even realize I was fighting one for the first 3 or 4 seconds of the fight.

I was in AV, and the horde had contested the North Bunker. I run in and see a battle in progress. I see a BE with what looked like PW shield running around so I'm like. . . lets end this. He is nearly dead so I throw down HoJ and Divine Favor, Holy Shock. *Immune* *Immune* I was like wtf so I JoR *Immune*. It was all pretty automatic. Then it hit me and I was like "that ASS!!! " So there I was an OOM Holy Paladin with a low level druid and a long contested bunker. I think you can see where this is going.

So I go to work on him with my two hander and SoR and this jerk off throws up Blessing of Light and starts spamming FoL. Needless to say we couldn't kill him in time. More Horde show up, the bunker catches on fire and I am depressed. We finally struck him down, but he had done his duty as a Pally. I'm sure he didn't release so he could loler coaster watch us be cut down by maurading Horde in the flames of our once glorious bunker .

For me this was a 3 Prong insult:

1.) It infuriated me that I couldn't kill him despite my best efforts (although he sure as hell wasn't going to kill me)

2.) I can't tell you how often I pull crap like this. Having it done to me was just. . . unbearable.

3.) My Roomate, an avid horde player, heard my rather loud cursing of paladins, came in to see what was up and then promptly start patronizing me when he realized what was going on.

That was my first encounter with a hostile paladin. I'm curious to hear about other alliance players first memorable encounter with BE paladins. Did you feel as shocked, horrified, and betrayed?
#40 - Feb. 14, 2007, 5:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been waiting to see something like this thread. I don't mean it in a derogatory fashion to the OP at all. I just recall being at ComiCon and having so many upset people demanding why Blizzard was making this (pally/shaman/faction) change and me calmly trying to make the case for class balance. Lot of freaked out people over those few days.