Healers, how would you react?

#0 - Nov. 5, 2007, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was in a shadow lab pug the other day as the healer. We had a warrior, warlock, mage, and rogue, so we were pretty well set. Anyways, with the damage the tank was taking, I rarely had to heal on each pull more than once, just refresh earth shield on the next inc and leave it at that. The problem is, the warlock and mage took turns yanking agro and getting hit. The only reason i didnt give them the less agro or i dont heal speech was because I had no trouble keeping them up since I was spending so little mana otherwise. How would you guys have handled it? Would you have told the dps to lay off a bit longer first? Done what i did and ignored it since noone was in any real danger of dying? Or enjoyed the break from what promised to be an excrutiatingly dull run of slab since the tank need to be hit by 4 or more mobs at a time to start taking significant amounts of damage?
#24 - Nov. 5, 2007, 8:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've actually been in similar scenarios numerous times, probably because I do pick-up-groups so often. I personally let things go if the group as a whole is getting the job done. If it makes it more fun for the warlock or mage to dps his heart out and as a group we can handle it, I don't mind healing through it. To be very honest, if it's working -- it's usually more fun for me.

I can't tell you how many times I wished for a mistake (double-pull or something similar) when running a dungeon just to keep things exciting and test the limits of the group and each player.