Rise of the Horde

#0 - Nov. 7, 2007, 2:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
@Bornakk- TY for the recommendation, that is by having the avatar... you mentioned the green thing and I realized I had no idea why Orcs were green, so being a lorehead I read the book, and it was amazing. <3

This was imo the best wow book so far. As good as The Last Guardian, but I liked it better because I'm a hordey! :) Christie Golden is an amazing author. Lord of the Clans was good, and I guess it took one book to 'get into' the wow world but Rise of the Horde was srsly 10 times better and 100% epic. :D

I like her descriptions of things, like for instance when Durotan is hunting the Talbuk you learn like 15 different things about them without her straight up telling you. You know what I mean? It's badass. Also, her love stuff is so well done... like, when Durotan meets Draka for the first time, you like FEEL THE LOVE. :D she's very good at that..
#10 - Nov. 7, 2007, 7:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm glad you liked the book. I enjoyed seeing the corruption of the Orcs happen from this point of view while also learning more about their origins.
#26 - Nov. 7, 2007, 8:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
<3 I just finished the last bit, I feel kinda bad for Ner'zhul! I really liked Drek'thar, he was pretty hardcore in this book... :D I was surprised at how quickly he started Warlocking, tho.

Background on Ner'zhul was great to read as it put a personality to a name that was generally just considered evil. And seeing Gul'dan in action was sweet.

Q u o t e:
I hope that in the future miss Golden continues to write more books about the horde, because we are better than alliance. <3 Oh, and she's a good author! Maybe some Forsaken stuff? Blood Elves? Tauren lore? idk, but she should for sure stay on as official horde loreish.

:D

Any lore is good lore imo. :)
#40 - Nov. 7, 2007, 8:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Cookie for those who wish to read an interview of Christie Golden discussing details of Rise of the Horde:
http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/683/

Done, now where is my cookie?