Heroic Mech should be 3 badges

#0 - Nov. 7, 2007, 10:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, 4 is a step in the right direction, but come on. Mechanar has been done to death. It's one of the easier heroics, especially after Sepethrea's nerf, and it's also one of the quicker ones. You can skip nearly 1/2 the trash on the lower level. Mechanar is a similar difficulty level and clear time to Slave Pens, and SP is 3 badges. Even giving 4 badges is too much when you compare Mech to other 4-badge instances, like Arcatraz or Shadow Labyrinth.

The easy heroics should be 3 badges.
The slightly more difficult ones should be 4.
The heroics nobody runs while they still need anything other than badges from the instance should be 5.

On a side note, Crypts and Sethekk are probably be worth more than 2.

EDIT:
After a page or two of a mix of trolls, agreement, and bewilderment, perhaps I should make it clear that all heroics should be looked at and rebalanced (through the removal of badges, the addition of heroic-only bosses, or other means) so that badge counts are a reward proportional to the instance's required time and difficulty level. (I thought I covered that in the 3/4/5 guideline, guess not.) This should be done to try to remove a "clear winner" in terms of badge farming, so as to encourage players to run different instances and experience more variety from the game (making badge farming feel like less of a grind).

Also, for instances that have a summoned boss (MT and Sethekk), the summoned boss can throw the formula out of whack and add an extra badge, because summoning the boss requires a significant time and/or money investment on the part of one of the members of the group.

Some examples:
Mechanar should be dropped to 3.
Crypts and Sethekk (Anzu aside) should be upped to 3.
Arcatraz should be upped to 5, if you clear both the first and final bosses. (First boss could drop a 24-hour real-time key, last boss could drop a zone-bound chest containing an extra badge opened by the key.)
#10 - Nov. 7, 2007, 10:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While I can understand arguing for more badges, I don’t see how having more badges than you think in an instance really hurts.

Bring a 300 riding skill Druid to Sethekk and you have a 3rd badge. ;-)
#21 - Nov. 7, 2007, 10:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well, I would hazard a guess that they're bored of running Mech because that's all anyone ever wants to do for badges.

I think the daily heroic quest will alleviate that somewhat, as people will want to do whatever gets them the bonus.

I don't think changing the number of badges in this instance would fix this as people would still run it for the "easy badges" aspect. At least there will be more options for badges soon in 2.3.