So...whats going on with the patch?

#0 - Sept. 10, 2007, 10:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's been like a month now in PTR, and if it's taking this long for the patch, I dont know what to think.

I'm really looking forward to zul'aman but it looks like at this current rate I won't see that until next summer.

Any updates?
#5 - Sept. 10, 2007, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's been like a month now in PTR, and if it's taking this long for the patch, I dont know what to think.

I'm really looking forward to zul'aman but it looks like at this current rate I won't see that until next summer.

Any updates?

It's in testing and when we feel it's ready, it will be released. We rarely ever give dates on patch releases and this is one of those occasions where we don't plan on giving a specific release date.
#48 - Sept. 10, 2007, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Keeping your customer in the dark is always a good business practice.

This isn't about keeping anyone in the dark so much as not wanting to give out dates that could be missed for patches. Generally this creates expectations from people that may not be met on that particular date. We like to be as sure as possible when it comes to giving dates. We have made exceptions to giving dates in the past due to information that was needed prior to release such as the end of an Arena Season if you recall. Even then we warned everyone that it was possible we would miss that date. Things do happen and thus delays can happen as well.
#79 - Sept. 10, 2007, 11:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What I fail to understand is why you cannot answer "Not this Tuesday, folks" and cease the endless questions. I mean, nobody's asking you for a date. We want to know if it's tomorrow or not. Which is a perfectly fair and appropriate question.

Edit: We want to know when it's not, succinctly. If you know it's not this week and if you know it's not next week, tell us.

It's not tomorrow.