Really Eyonix? Really?

#0 - Nov. 9, 2007, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2765970886&sid=1&pageNo=4

Q u o t e:
If you don't want to play elemental anymore, don't. If you don't want to play the shaman class anymore, don't. If you don't want to play the game anymore, don't. If this game is becoming a point of frustration for you, I'd say that you're dealing with a much bigger problem than a nerf to your damage coefficient. It's also great that the patch isn't even live and you have these great of concerns. I'd honestly be interested to look up how much (if any) testing you've done on the public test realms.

Honestly? Really? Not only the fact that you pissed off a great deal of shaman by posting Shaman concerns on a REALM forum, or the fact that if you actually came to the Shaman forums, you can see the hundreds of topics that had already theorycrafted from the first hour the PTR came out. The patch isn't live yet, yes, but it is going live in 4 days, and obviously, you've been too busy talking on your realm forums to even tell the Shaman community that the elemental "buff" was in fact a cold hard nerf.

Really, if you want to tell me to reroll my class, please just say it in our class forums instead of talking about it on your own damn realm forums. Try having just a pinch of respect for the Shaman class.

My main: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Shockyy
#25 - Nov. 9, 2007, 6:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're fully aware of all the issues and concerns being presented in the shaman boards. I have been providing the designers with constant information and updates from the community. My job extends well beyond the scope of discussing matters with the shaman class, so I'd ask that you refrain from causing me any interference.
#121 - Nov. 9, 2007, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You know, I can't say for certain because it's deleted now, I'll have to say that it's because the last 6 pages or so were all "YOU SUCK EYONIX BURN IN HELL THIS ISN'T WHAT WE WANTED FIX US NOW" posts.

You realize it was never deleted, yes? It's also stickied. The thread simply reached maximum capacity. The number of assumptions I read per day is astonishing.
#239 - Nov. 9, 2007, 7:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

yes because eyonix trolls hunter/shaman forums and pisses people off, they call him out on it, they should be banned.

eyonix is the one that should be banned, not the people who he annoys and pisses off with his forum-psychology.

BTW EYONIX: The sticky was not there yesterday, the thread was gone, you clearly readded it after the heat was on. GG.

I'm sorry but it's not physically possible for me to undelete a thread. When I noticed the post had reached maximum capacity, I stickied it - that was earlier this morning.
#450 - Nov. 9, 2007, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
"If you don't want to play the game anymore, don't."

I would say that quote is encouraging players to stop playing wow.

Further, "If this game is becoming a point of frustration for you, I'd say that you're dealing with a much bigger problem than a nerf to your damage coefficient."

This quote appears to be an affront to the customers psychological state of mind or defect there of, hence an insult to the customer abnd his ability to 'deal' with his bigger problem.

I think he should save his snide sarcastic insults for another place and time.

I was being neither snide or sarcastic. I'm a firm believer that if something designed to be entertainment is having an adverse affect on your well being, it's at the very least time for some reflection. I provided food for thought, and I'm sorry but I do stand behind all comments that I've made, though it is sad to see them taken out of context. I've been watching people rip me apart of years, and despite how it might make me feel, I continue to do what I feel is right at all times. I knew exactly how this thread would turn out.

Why did I post here then?

Because many of you are so upset with me, you need the opportunity to get what you're feeling about me out of your system, and it's important to you that I read these things.
#493 - Nov. 9, 2007, 8:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So, basically, Eyo, you're TROLLING, as in posting to provoke a reaction, but it's for our own good? I'll remember that if I ever get banned for trolling myself! But Blizzard, it was for the player's GOOOOOD!

All posts prokoke a reaction. Trolling is definied by the intent to create unrest. My goal is to create rest. Unfortunately, sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.
#556 - Nov. 9, 2007, 8:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I think you acknowledged you were being sarcastic here;

"Yes, this part was sarcasm."

Let me put it this way for you.

I am a waiter.

You order Salmon. I bring it to you. You say 'This Salmon tastes off'. I reply, 'If you don't like it, don't eat it'

Ya that's gonna work out for me really well huh? Not snide at all right?

Further you mention how we used to carry I dunno eggs benedict and it makes you sad that every time you come here you want it but we never put it back on the menu and so on.

My reply, 'If the absence of eggs benedict on our menu makes you so unhappy then maybe you have bigger issues with which to deal.'

I am sure the customer would simply realize immediately they have a mental disorder and acknowledge it, leave and seek immediate treatment. Ok that was sarcastic. My bad. See I can say sorry when I am rude/sarcastic, can you?

This is how a problem begins. You are taking my message out of context. Read the message that I was addressing, which was quoted appropriately. I'm referring to a specific comment I made. I'm not stating I've never been sarcastic.

I post on the internet, why would I avoid sarcasm? I'd never blend in or be accepted by the other kids. :P

PS About a year ago I decided to ignore analogies and comparisons that have absolutely no real connection to the core subject itself. So, unfortunately, I'm unable to answer your question without breaking a promise I made to myself. This isn't sarcasm -- I seriously had to make that decision.
#787 - Nov. 9, 2007, 9:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Why do people take what blue / green posts say so deeply? These people clean up the WoW forums. They are the janitors of the internet and probably make less that min. wage. This is the reason I'm going to college so I don't have to end up like these people.[

Hey, look -- some internet trash. I should get rid of it, but they just pay me so little.

*walks away pretending to have seen nothing*
#1079 - Nov. 9, 2007, 10:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
But what made me the mad was the fact that we were told to prove it was a nerf we did. then eyonix goes and says we didn't do any testing on the ptr as if he completely ignored all the tests we did

I don't understand this post. The shaman community has been told by myself (many times) and another community manager that we've been reading your concerns and providing them to development. I have also told you that we've been running tests and I'd get back to your class community when I was able. Nothing has changed - that's still the plan. I may have failed to meet some of the expectations many of you have created. I may have failed by making responses that some of you found disagreeable.

But such is life on a forum.

In response to your last comment -- I was addressing one player and one player only concerning PTR testing. How so many keep projecting that my messages have the slightest bit to do with them is actually coming close to being absolutely hysterical.
#1133 - Nov. 9, 2007, 10:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

by the process of testing things, you mean telling the ellys to wait and see with 4 days left till patch time? Considering that no real programming work willget done on the weekend, and monday will be the day they do finalizationa nd prep work for the patch, there is no feasible way that elly will be fixed in this timeframe. They are telling the ellys to wait and see when they already know the answer.

I love you certain you are. ;)