2.3 Leveling Changes

#0 - Nov. 19, 2007, 2:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Well, my baby Priest dinged 20 last Wednesday, the night the patch went live on my EU realm. I'm now two bars away from level 30. I have to say, the 15% reduction in the amount of exp needed to level, along with the fact that more quests are soloable now that mobs are non-elite, makes for a huge increase in leveling speed. This is the seventh Alliance character I've leveled through these levels. I sort of have a plan that I've developed when it comes to which quests I do when. Problem: I'm outleveling all of my quests!

Usually, in my 20's I do Redridge, then about half the quests in Duskwood, then swap over to Wetlands for a while, then back to Duskwood. Well, By the time I was done in Redridge, a lot of the Duskwood quests were low green to me, meaning the mobs I had to kill for them were grey! I got "caught up" to where most of the quests were high-green or yellow to me, then my Wetlands quests all started going grey. In the mean time, I also did BFD and Stockades, completing the quests for both of those instances. Now I was at the point where some of my Wetlands quests were grey. I ended up doing two grey quests yesterday to get "caught up" in Wetlands. All of my quests there are still green, but high-green. Two of my remaining quests in Duskwood are already green. And when I ding 30, even more of them will be.

On top of that, I'm seriously leveling so fast that by the time I get to a major city to train after dinging, I'm already 5-6 bars into the next level! It's pretty crazy.

I'm almost scared to see how fast it goes once I'm 30 and I start receiving additional exp from quest turn ins. I'm also really afraid that I'll get used to this fast leveling, especially since the exp increase from quest turn-ins is supposed to become greater at higher levels, only to hit a wall at level 60 when everything goes back to "normal". The difference in the exp needed to go from 59-60 vs. 60-61 was already huge. It will seem ridiculous after all this speed-leveling.
#30 - Nov. 19, 2007, 3:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm having a great time leveling up one of my alts. It was hard picking which one (no I'm not telling), but it's been fun and I look forward to working up some others as well.
#72 - Nov. 19, 2007, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thanks for the info but I ran a friend through ZF and did not see it there either.

If you feel you've encountered an issue with the way the dungeons or loot tables seem to be working, please post on the bug forum so that we can check it. Make sure you try to include as much detail as you can as to what encounter you were doing etc.