So why shouldn't I cancel?

#0 - Nov. 20, 2007, 11:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Blizzard,

I've been a customer of yours for a very long time, since Warcraft 1. I've been playing WoW since the closed beta. My wife and both have accounts, and we both play nearly daily. The latest patch gave us a lot to be excited about, except for the change to Global Cooldown methods. I play a Warrior and a Rogue. These changes have pretty much made both of my favorite toons unplayable for what I use them for: PVP. I am sitting here, staring down this cancellation button. I thought about calling in, but I don't really want to waste my cell phone minutes on hold forever to talk to your reps. So I'm here, on your forums. I'm gonna wait about 30 minutes after I post this for a response from Blizzard, giving me a reason to rethink my decision to cancel and quit playing this game. My two 70's are ruined, unplayable as a result of the GCD change. I have alts, but my favorites are the Warrior and Rogue.

So, tell me Blizzard, should I keep paying for your game or not? If I should continue paying for your game, then give me a good reason why in consideration of the changes made to my two main classes.

Oh, and trolls, here, let me get this outta the way for ya:

"Durka durka teres n0 prblm w/ teh gcd, n00b, l2p!"

I'll check back in 30 mins, Blizz.
#50 - Nov. 20, 2007, 11:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hello Blizzard,

I've been a customer of yours for a very long time, since Warcraft 1. I've been playing WoW since the closed beta. My wife and both have accounts, and we both play nearly daily. The latest patch gave us a lot to be excited about, except for the change to Global Cooldown methods. I play a Warrior and a Rogue. These changes have pretty much made both of my favorite toons unplayable for what I use them for: PVP. I am sitting here, staring down this cancellation button. I thought about calling in, but I don't really want to waste my cell phone minutes on hold forever to talk to your reps. So I'm here, on your forums. I'm gonna wait about 30 minutes after I post this for a response from Blizzard, giving me a reason to rethink my decision to cancel and quit playing this game. My two 70's are ruined, unplayable as a result of the GCD change. I have alts, but my favorites are the Warrior and Rogue.

So, tell me Blizzard, should I keep paying for your game or not? If I should continue paying for your game, then give me a good reason why in consideration of the changes made to my two main classess. Oh, and trolls, here, let me get this outta the way for ya:

"Durka durka teres n0 prblm w/ teh gcd, n00b, l2p!"

I'll check back in 30 mins, Blizz.

I don't think it's for us to choose for you what to do. It's a pretty personal decision. We've stated we have further changes coming, and if you choose to wait for those, great. If not, all the best to you and your family. We're going to keep going and working toward more improvements and fun features because, ultimately, it comes down to fun. We want people that are playing, our friends, our family, our co-workers to all find the fun in the game. That's our ultimate goal.

You're a part of the community and we care about the community as a whole. It's never a great thing to see someone that has been a part of that walk away, but these things happen. The choice to stay or go will always be in your hands though.

I hope you and everyone else here that celebrates it, have a great Thanksgiving Holiday.