Warning: do not try to pug heroics after 2.3

#0 - Nov. 16, 2007, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Waste of time. You will find yourself with a tank packing 445 defensive and a healer with +850 healing. Not to mention dps in greens.

Before 2.3 puging a heroic was like a daily quest to me. It was fun and I met a lot of good, well geared players.

If others have experienced this please post here.

Edit: It defenately needs to be said that when you hit revered with the factions you are able to purchase excellent enchants, rings, trinkets, gear, and weapons. Mix in some veterans gear that is easy to get on an AV weekend and you got your toon heroic ready.

A lot of people think this is an "ellitest" post but its not. A lot of poeple also think that it takes too much time to do it the old fashioned way (pre 2.3) but it does not. I did it with a full time job, a fiance, and two dogs that need a lot of attention. I hope people take it with a grain of salt if their gear is not yet up to snuff and the people who are completely epiced out in T100 gear reply to this thread in a helpful way.

I was also really frustrated when I wrote the original message (above). I am still learning to count to ten and take deep breaths ;)

Thanks for all the replys (even the people that clearly hate me and the Charger I rode in on)
Clarkme
#91 - Nov. 16, 2007, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I actually pugged my first heroic in a long time the other night and it went great, no wipes at all. Everybody knew the dungeon just fine and everybody focused on what they needed to do.

Q u o t e:
Durnholde is nothing compared to Mana Tombs. Never again.......never........again.

Actually, all auch heroic suck.

Heroic Mana Tombs has been pretty easy in my experience. It's a nice quick run for four badges.
#102 - Nov. 16, 2007, 7:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I call BS on this. Plenty of random groups wipe on the first boss in MT on normal mode. I don't believe you pugged it on heroic last night and had zero wipes.

It wasn’t Mana Tombs that I pugged, but the dungeon I did run still went great.

Q u o t e:
Your tank probably wasn't a warrior then.

Anytime I have run it in the last couple of months, the tank has been a warrior.
#141 - Nov. 16, 2007, 9:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Anybody else feel like all these blues just post whatever is contradictory to what a player says? I feel like if someone came in here and said, "god it's so hard to solo Illidan, I'm never trying him" that bornakk would immediately pipe up with something like "Actually I soloed him yesterday as a subtlety rogue and it went just peachy!"

Illidan is pie to solo!

Or I'm just pointing out that there can be more than one point of view on things while sharing my play experience.