Give me the rundown on season 3 gear!

#0 - Sept. 18, 2007, 7:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have heard rumors that season 3 gear may be on some kind of limited use system. Like you need to maintain a team at a certain rating or you cant use it.

Is there any truth to this. I have been saving my points for the s3 weapon, but if its going to be restricted I might just buy the season 2 one.
#1 - Sept. 18, 2007, 7:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We have stated that there will be a minimum rating required to use the season 3 weapons. The rating required has not been finalized and any additional details will have to wait until we are closer to the start of the new season.

Keep in mind that we do plan to give at least two weeks of advance notice for when season 3 will begin so everybody can be prepared.
#20 - Sept. 18, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
any word yet on whether season 1 weapons will be purchasable with honor points?

that announcement ought to get the BGs hoppin

When we are closer to launching season 3, we will have more details on the items that will be purchasable with honor.

Q u o t e:
This is the first blue comment, that I have seen, that stated "there will be" instead of "may be".

Poor decision blizz. Going down the wrong path with this one.

While we have brought this up a couple times in the past, but it can be subject to change as season 3 details are still being worked on.
#32 - Sept. 18, 2007, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Yay bornakk!

My understanding is season 3 = 2.3?

We will have to wait and see what comes next after patch 2.2 is released.
#73 - Sept. 18, 2007, 9:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
To use or to obtain? I'd like a clarification.

We have no further details on this right now. We will have more information on how the rating requirement will work when season 3 is closer to starting.