Re: Learning Skills in TBC without req. Ranks

#0 - Oct. 18, 2006, 5:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So my question is this, Will I be able to train an ability such as Healing Touch Rank 12 without having gotten the learnable skill Healing Touch Rank 11 (unlucky as hades and I all but refuse to buy it at 100g remembering when I bought Gift of the Wild R2 for 114g and I thought that was a steal and the next patch day the drop rate was increased).

Now for obvious reasons for someone like a druid who has access to all ranks of trainable skill it's still worthwhile to go and pick it up but for someone like a rogue who only retains the most recent rank of skill is there any reason to go out and get these skills now when they'll be replaced in TBC? Or will they still be a pre-requisite for higher rank abilities? I.e. Rank 10 Healing Touch requires me to have puchased/learned Healing Touch Rank 9 before I can.
#6 - Oct. 18, 2006, 5:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
They'll still be a pre-requisite, but they will be also trainable at level 62 (I believe all of the books are currently trained at 62 in the expansion in any case) and any additional ranks following suit after that. The benefit to getting it now would be to have that additional rank now and for the first couple levels into the expansion, which could be very beneficial. If it seems like a good investment to get it now then go for it, and if it doesn't then don't.