Why do you charge so much for guild banks?

#0 - Nov. 26, 2007, 11:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm genuinely curious - why does it cost so much for a guild bank tab?

Now of course a flurry of replies to this will be to the extend of "you mean your guild can't afford x gold noob!".....etc. etc.

I'm concerned with the principle of the matter more than anything - as I can't think of any valuable point as to why you have to pay in the first place (guild banks should be 100% free -- including all tabs)....except for the business incentive side of the game to Blizzard, which breaks down to the more a player as to spend x resources then the more they have to spend just regaining those resources, more time played translates to $$ to blizzard.

Because where is the unfair advantage, the cheat, the "overpower" in a guild being able to store items for free?

I'd think the issue with legitimacy should be dealt with as to HOW they acquired such gold/items, not that they store it free.

Anyway, just a thought.

#4 - Nov. 26, 2007, 11:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Players have always had a limited amount of space to store items as we want players to think about what they are keeping versus getting rid of. The new Guild Banks allow guilds to have a centralized system for sharing items that they can all use to make organizing a little easier but the same consideration for what they are keeping applies.
#12 - Nov. 27, 2007, 12:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If you want us to think about what we keep/drop, why does every mob in the game drop at least 6 different types of grey [Claw] that sells for between 1-10g a stack.

Once I had 1 slot left in my bags and I killed a Ravager. It dropped a [twisted claw] and a [gnarled claw] or some such. Now I'd like to know why I can't stick a twisted claw and a gnarled claw together in my freaking backpack, does my character have categorization OCD's?

Maybe the [twisted claw] is allergic to the [gnarled claw] and needs its space?