Pet Happiness..

#0 - Nov. 16, 2007, 2:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Anything in store for changing how pet happiness works? Being able to feed in combat, lowering the rate at which a pet becomes un-happy.. so on.

With the implementation of not being able to FD + drink or feed hunter pets is quite teh suck.

Have it so pets cannot lose happiness while in combat, or something.. anything. having 25% damage bonus reduction because a hunter pet loses one stage of happiness mid-fighting is intended? Granted you can say well feed your pet!.. Sometimes people forget, and taking away the fd + whatever really shafts hunters on the whole pet subject.

Few ways of changing how pet happiness works.

The obvious one is to take it away? Once a pet reaches lvl 6 happiness(loyalty level), remove the entire happiness factor.

Lower the amount of -happiness a pet gets from dieing, doing nothing, attacking.. whatever.

Let hunters feed pets while in combat!

Just a few ideas.. I know there have been other threads about this.. but I'd really like to hear some solid stuff on what changes might come from this.

Taking away FD + feed pet was really not necessary. 2+ years of it being fine, no one complaining about it.. and now all of the sudden its "bug" and needs to be "fixed" ? ... come on bliz.
#13 - Nov. 16, 2007, 3:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We do plan to allow pets to be fed in combat at some point in a future patch. It's in the works currently.
#21 - Nov. 16, 2007, 3:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It's the Future part of your reply that concerns me. It shouldn't have been patched out to begin with and now we have to wait until....some future patch....before you fix it?

I couldn't answer about the timing of things for you. Sorry. If we get more of a heads up on it, we'll try to let you all know.
#33 - Nov. 16, 2007, 4:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
2.4 notes:

* Arcane shot now dispells pet unhappiness.
(it also dispells lavender shirts, equipped rings, and players' eyebrows)

Allowing it to dispel player eyebrows would be way too overpowered and I'm stunned you would suggest such a thing.