Join as Group AVs

#0 - Dec. 5, 2007, 5:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First let me say that some of the changes Blizzard made to AV recently I fully agree with. In reality, the BG had become more PVE than PVP and was very stale.

Now that that's out of the way: this BG was a bad idea in the first place. I should temper that statement. The BG is a good idea in that it adds flavor to the BG scene but there is no way to balance two sides when they are not symmetrical within the context of a complex system like an MMO. We all learned this with the class imbalances between Shamans and Paladins. Did giving alliance shamans and horde paladins make the game a little more balanced? I would say yes. In AV, we see the same thing going on. However, assuming that Blizzard isn't willing to radically change the structure of the BG so that it is symmetrical there are other changes that could be made.

First, if Blizzard is so committed to stamping out honor botting then do it for real and not some lame half solution. Reporting a player afk gives that player 1 min. to engage in pvp combat or be kicked from the BG with the deserter debuff. This would include NPC fighting as well of course. The current "solution," as well intentioned as it is, just doesn't work.

Second, bring back Join as Group. In all honesty there was never any reason to remove this feature from the BG. Now there is even more reason to bring it back. With the recent changes, the BG has become increasingly about strategic PVP combat. Allow groups to go in there and execute some cool new strategies. As it is, the BG is a completely bland race that often goes in Horde's favor because it is easier to execute a winning strategy for the Horde. A good group of 20 from one faction would be able to just wipe the floor with the opposing team. Would this really be that hard to implement?

P.S. If you're not going to implement this can we at least get a blue response as to why?

*I've removed the "petition" word in your post. Please don't create threads with the intention of getting others to /sign. This isn't productive to conversation. Thanks.- Nethaera
#4 - Dec. 5, 2007, 5:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We still haven't decided if we want to add this back into the available options for AV. It's understood that people want this ability, but we also are being careful about how this could affect the queue times for this battleground.