AFK Reporting system broken and abused

#0 - Sept. 26, 2007, 2:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So I was defending a flag in AV today (more flags defended = more bonus honor) and no horde were attacking me and I got the AFK debuff because people reported me. I lost 150 honor compared to everyone else that game because i had to go find a bunch of horde halfway across the map and try to kill them to get it off. In another game while defending, I got the debuff again and when I was attacked by 3 horde and stunlocked from 100 to 0 the debuff did not go away because I didn't "attack" them. Well of course I didn't attack them, I was stunlocked the *entire* time.

Putting this system in place has led to noone wanted to defend in AV and we now get far less bonus honor per game because the flags and towers are recaptured almost immediatly. There are people in the battleground that just spam report AFK continuously on everyone in the map.

I talked to a GM who told me that you could remove the debuff by buffing the npcs by the flag you are by, but this is not working (yes I know i'm posting on my war, but I have tried with my priest to no effect). This needs to be fixed.

I think there should be a limit on the number of people you can report AFK per game, say 20 or so. That way people who abuse the system can't do it repeatedly.

You should also be immune to the debuff while within 50 yards of any pvp objective (graveyard or tower) in the game. Either that or have some similar mechanic where when you get reported, you can click the flag to remove the debuff.

These ideas would, imo, fix most of tthe problems with this system. Any thoughts?
#5 - Sept. 26, 2007, 2:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think there should be a limit on the number of people you can report AFK per game, say 20 or so. That way people who abuse the system can't do it repeatedly.

There already is a limit to how many players someone can report in a given amount of time, it just doesn't tell you when you've passed the limit (intentionally).