PW:F needs help

#0 - Dec. 13, 2007, 5:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While the latest mana reduction has helped our most helpful buff, it still has some issues. Namely, it doesn't scale.

The pally buff, Blessing of Kings, gives a flat 10%, so even a level 28 pally can buff the high level characters and they get the full effect. Even at level 70, the greater blessing of kings costs less mana than ours, and uses a cheaper reagent. Granted, at 10%, it doesn't quite match the health buff of Fort, but it has other advantages. Blessing of Kings is the undisputed best buff in the game.

Perhaps making PW:F one rank and a 20% health buff for a certain % of base mana would be worth it. Then make the group version 3 times the cost of the single rank. It would, of course, have to cost more than the pally buff.
#21 - Dec. 13, 2007, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't think there is anything to gain by comparing blessing of kings to power word: fortitude. Both are unique and have their advantages. The stamina gained by your buff is significant, even without the improving talents. Also, ideally you're in a group or raid environment where players have both kings and power word: fortitude.

Though that's not always going to happen, obviously. There is much more I can say on this topic, but I'll let others elaborate further.
#23 - Dec. 13, 2007, 6:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

But I know plenty of [Protection] Palladins and Warriors with well over 1K Stamina.

Over a 1K base stamina or health?
#33 - Dec. 13, 2007, 6:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

/shrug I have over 1300 stamina unbuffed in stamina gear

kings is a blessing (lol) fort is a convenience

Understood.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Trumpcard

You don't represent the average player, and kudos to you. :P

Stating that many players are above the 1000 base stamina mark isn't very accurate.
#56 - Dec. 13, 2007, 7:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I really, really wish Mark of the Wild could get some help (Improved Mark of the Wild even more). It buffs everything, but at the end of the day... does anyone actually notice if MotW isn't on anyone? :(

We recongize the concerns expressed in regards to mark of the wild and it may very well see improvement for Wrath of the Lich King. I do strongly disagree that it's anywhere as useless as you claim, however.

Also keep in mind, because it affects all stats, some class/specs benefit from it more than others.
#58 - Dec. 13, 2007, 7:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How about PW:Frikkin Sucks?

Cool, way to contribute to a constructive discussion. :P