Increase Respec Costs Please!

#0 - Aug. 15, 2007, 3:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Basically, people can do their 10 daily quests every day and earn enough money to spec and respec back for free! In my opinion this is unacceptable, because people need to take a spec and just go for it! It shouldn't be so easy to spec back and forth every day. Blizzard, do the following please

1. Increase max resepec costs to at least 100G or maybe even 200G, that way people can't just do the daily quests every day and so easily break even.

2. Add a 24 hour resepec cooldown.

Thanks Blizz~

EDIT:

My 5-Step system will solve the problem of the lack of tanks out there! 100% guaranteed, or my name is not Solution Murlourin!

1. Increase respec costs (100g each, maybe 150g)
2. Institute a 48 Hour Respec cooldown. One additional option might be to give the ability to respec during the CD, but at double the current respec cost (ie 200g or 300g)
3. No damage durability loss during 5-man instances. I am undecided on whether or not they should keep durability loss for deaths, but removing that could also be an option
4. Increase gold and loot drop rate for 5-mans, and increase even further for Heroics. Loot from instances once split 5 ways should be higher than if you had farmed for that amount of time instead.
5. PROFIT!
#69 - Aug. 15, 2007, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Currently we feel that the respec cost for talents is at a good amount. There are people who spend the time to do the daily quests and cover the costs for this on a regular basis, but we like leaving this choice up to the players.

During the panels at BlizzCon we did mention a number of class changes we’d like to make that would reduce the frequency of talent respecs, but we have to wait until those changes are ready to provide details on them.