Closed Beta news- 09/27/06

#0 - Sept. 27, 2006, 5:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
FYI, all: We wanted to share this information about the closed beta test with you, in case anyone was worried about which play styles would be represented in the test.

The players we plan to invite to the closed beta test have a rather broad demographic, including PTR contest winners, BlizzCon attendees, some raiding groups, and other guilds and individuals as well. Since the expansion will contain a lot of content for a variety of play styles, we're definitely going to be accounting for that as we test the content.

Also, keep in mind that there is going to be more than one phase of the closed beta test. People who aren't in at the beginning of the test could be invited in a subsequent phase.

By the way, please don’t contact Blizzard to request an invite into the closed beta test. The invitees have been predetermined as discussed above and will be contacted in due time. Also, for those who do receive invites, we will not be asking you for your password or account information, so don’t be fooled by any scams.
#13 - Sept. 27, 2006, 5:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Are you going to send a email to tell us something like: "your in phase2,3...."?

People should receive their invites as they are accepted and able to get into the beta. Betas don't generally invite someone and then say, "But you won't be able to access it until phase 3." :)
#20 - Sept. 27, 2006, 6:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Sorry guys, I don't know who is slated for what phases at this point in time. Blizzcon attendees should make sure they are registered asap as well in order to be in the system.
#26 - Sept. 27, 2006, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The site address should be on the back of the blizzcon card that you got and you'll need the code from it as well to register.
#62 - Sept. 27, 2006, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

They don't?! HAHA, PLUS ONE FOR ME.

Bah, I never got one of those. Score one for you! :)