Mail Issue Update - 12/21

#0 - Dec. 21, 2006, 7:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
*12:00 PM PST- All mail appears to be functioning normally on all realms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Mail appears to be functioning normally after applying a small hotfix and performing rolling restarts this morning. There is still some investigation going on to verify that this is functioning on all realms correctly.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're aware that players may be unable to send mail to other players and will receive the error "You have reached the in-game cap of unique mail recipients" and/or "Target is unfriendly".

This issue is being investigated and we are working to resolve this as soon as possible, but there is no current estimate for its resolution at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.
#77 - Dec. 21, 2006, 5:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Wrong...after the rolling restart I am now having the "Target is Unfriendly" when I'm trying to send things to other members. I have no MOD's installed and would appreciate a fix ASAP.

We are still doing some investigation to make sure this is functioning on all realms. I've reported your situation and realm in the hope it would further the investigations and resolve any lingering issues.
#83 - Dec. 21, 2006, 6:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm no longer having the 'target is unfriendly' or the 'cap' issue... but I'm having trouble retrieving attached items from mail already in my inbox. Some items end up in my bags as expected. Other items turn grey but remain in the email message. And, naturally, now those messages with expire in 3 days meaning I'll lose those items unless this issue is resolved in that timeframe...

Please make sure you petition in game and report the issue so that we can better research the issue.