Druids need riding for Flying Form?!?

Forum Avatar
#0 - Nov. 29, 2006, 3:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What? Huh?

HOLD!

We need to train the RIDING skill to turn into a BIRD?

Am I missing something here?

Pallys and locks get their level 40 mounts with little to no effort, they don't even have to train riding for their epics, Druids get our 60% flying mount... But we have to train to ride it?

We're TURNING INTO BIRDS! We're not riding anything.

GAH! This... This isn't logical. It's stupid. C'mon Blizzard, explain this.
#18 - Nov. 29, 2006, 3:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Nothing official, just what I heard/saw people talking and posting about. I'm asking Blizzard (in a fairly outraged manner) if it's true/false.

We would then appreciate that you ask a question objectively if you're coming in to the conversation knowing that you do not have all of the facts. It's a bit easier on the eyes. :)

Just like all mounts, it will be required that you have the appropriate riding skill. Just like the paladin and warlock mounts you will receive the riding skill necessary for flight form when it is trained. However, and I assume this is what people are referring to, it will be necessary to train in the epic ground mount riding skill before you are able to use/obtain flight form or flying mounts. In actuality druids will be receiving their flight ability for almost no cost.

It's the same as training in new levels for a profession, you can't go straight to master or artisan, you have to go through each skill level prior. If you don't currently have an epic mount and don't plan to have one throughout your time to level 68, then yes there will be a cost associated with you needing to buy previous riding skills aside from the flight form training itself.