PTR'S Soon?

#0 - Nov. 2, 2006, 3:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's a blue post on the euro forums saying the 1.13/2.0/whatever PTR's will be live "very soon".

Is the same going to be the case for the US servers?
#4 - Nov. 2, 2006, 3:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There's a blue post on the euro forums saying the 1.13/2.0/whatever PTR's will be live "very soon".

Is the same going to be the case for the US servers?

Unfortunately I can't confirm that for you at this time. I could say 'very soon' too but it still wouldn't mean much to people since many want specific days and times listed. 'Very soon' could mean a matter of days, a week or two weeks etc since I don't have more to tell you right now.

I really don't know when it will be happening as of yet. There are tests that need run internally first before we can get to that point. Perhaps it will just be a nice surprise for everyone 'soon'.
#12 - Nov. 2, 2006, 4:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well, the beta servers currently encompass an entire new area of world content, as well as new instances, items, quests etc that all require testing on top of the new talents and honour system. Having PTRs for the next patch allows us a chance to see if it works in the current world as well as providing a focus on areas that may not be getting as much attention in the beta.

/gives Araj a cookie

And people say Gnomes aren't all that smart! ;) Nice explanation.
#20 - Nov. 2, 2006, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

/jealousy!!!

You're still one of the gnomes at the top of my list Rizz but I've got to spread the love.
#25 - Nov. 2, 2006, 4:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Also "very soon" can be in geological time and that means that it could come when all our computers have turned to dust lol

We'd probably have a polar shift before the computers became dust. (Isn't that a comforting thought?)

For the Hunter/Warlock pet question, I'm not 100% sure but I believe it should be there since it's a core element. Don't quote me on that one right now though.
#39 - Nov. 2, 2006, 6:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

lemme ask you

since you don't really know, why say "soon" at all? Why dont you use the word that exemplifies blizzard better than any other

Eventually

or

before the end of time

Because while I don't know the specific date, I do know that soon is a better answer at this point than eventually or before the end of time. Although, you never know when the 'end of time' could be. For all we know the "Big Bang" could suddenly reverse and we could get to experience the "Big Crunch".