Level 60+ looks like Level 10+ Gear?

#0 - Feb. 8, 2007, 6:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So why is it that when you get to 60 the gear from Outlands suddenly starts looking like the gear you wore at level 10?

I mean seriously, I saw some robes called "Confession Robes of XYZ" for a level 66 player and it looks like the same robe that Blood Elf casters get at level 10 or so.

Part of the allure of gear, for me anyways, is not just the stats but the look. I don't want to look at level 70 like I just left Dun Morogh, what is up with this?
#7 - Feb. 8, 2007, 7:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Well, leveling items are almost always go to look more or less "plain". We want the end-game items to really stand out, both in ability/power and the way they look. The items you had at 60 were the end-game items, they were the best of the best and their look really showed that visually just running around the city. As you're leveling again you may be finding better gear than what you had, but it's not the uber end-game gear, and so it sort of has a plain look to match. Once you reach the level cap again then you begin to progress through the sets, and really get a nice and cohesive look with some cool... I don't know, fireworks shooting from your kneecaps, or whatever, and everyone has a BBQ before going to sit on the grass and watch the grand finale exploding from your patella.