Change in gold denominations in BC?

#0 - Oct. 22, 2006, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A lot of blue posts recently have been mentioning how the cost of items are going to scale as of the expansion (see the post on mounts being 5000g). If this is the case, is there any plan to add a new type of money into the game? We already have copper->silver->gold.

Any intention to add platinum (i.e. 100 gold = 1 platinum) into the mix? Let me know what you think.
#1 - Oct. 22, 2006, 10:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are no plans as this time to introduce a new denomination. We're not at the point, even with the expansion, to have a need for trading out thousands of gold for something more manageable.
#12 - Oct. 22, 2006, 10:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How on earth are you suppose to have 5000g for the new Nether Drake mount? I mean SERIOUSLY.

The amount is for the riding skill, and it's the epic-flying mount riding skill, which isn't necessary to "complete" the content in the expansion. Also keep in mind that in general you're going to be generating more money per time played in the expansion, 5000g then is not going to be 5000g now. The epic flying mounts are going to be a cool achievement for people that want to work towards them, and if you don't, you can still have your normal flying mount which will take you everywhere you want to go.