Coilfang

#0 - May 21, 2007, 12:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Now to everyone who is unfamilar with coilfang here is an introduction
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=779&PHPSESSID=1db33f0970740c434851c02d19991abf

As you can see the A to H Ratio is 1 : 4.6, if that is not distressing enough lets look at the ration of A to H from 60-70

Total Alliance: 244 - 11%
Total Horde: 1,893 - 89%

This brings the ration to 1 : 7.8

While I am a horde character I am less affected by the abysmal ratio but as one guild mate puts it "All this server is good for is leveling up a horde character".

I feel the pain of the alliance, they would at times wait days on end to run one end game 5 man instance, every single established alliance guild has transfered off. That is not to say Coilfang has no talent, at one point it was home to the alliance guild Zerglings - probably one of the best progressed guild on the BC servers. Now there is a handfull alliance guild left with probably one that is actually capable of doing Karazhan.

Addionally, the pvp ques are are a joke, AV probably pops once a day and at most a few times during the BG weekend - otherwise it ends with not enough players. The only pvp that happens is arena and world pvp is so rare when Alliance makes an attempt at a world objective they are swarmed by raids of pvp hungry hordies.

As most aputly put by my buddy
Q u o t e:

I would always flaunt my pride by yelling "coilfang 4 lyfe!!!" (lawl) and sticking to those words, but now my confidence in this server is diminishing. I used to stay logged in for hours, but now I can barely stay on when I'm not raiding. The only thing keeping me to this server is my guild and a few friends that I couldn't leave behind. The truth is this server as a whole is terrible. Although the problems involving the alliance aren't nearly as bad as horde, I can see the horde side slowly having the same problems, as entire guilds transfer off at a time.

Prices of things are dropping dramatically due to the lack of players/lack of demand, and 1 hr queues for battlegrounds during the respective battlegrounds weekend is simply retarded, along with games starting and ending in 6 minutes due to lack of players.

I'm not trying to QQ, but giving honest insight. This is the worst server experience I have ever had. I've been on servers that have had population problems, but never this terrible, and never has a solution taken so long to take place. I hope that something will be done quickly.

Making Coilfang a recommended realm is hardly a fix, but rather, a slap in the face. It shows the blizzard is aware of the problems on this server, but putting no effort into fixing it. It's like blizzard throwing plant seeds into a forest fire, expecting it to regrow itself. People may choose to roll here, but the chances of someone reaching 70, let alone actually staying on the server is practically remote.

The best fix: a) Throw the Coilfang server out of the nearest window and offer free transfers out of this hole, or b) A server merge or faction migration to a server with inverse ratios.

In all honesty, Blizzard took too long to use open transfers to our server, the Alliance already left, and have been gone for a while. The Alliance deficit is too large now, and may never be fixed. I don't blame BoA for leaving this trashbag piece of crap realm. I can't even get upset at those who are supporting Blizzard's inadequacy to its customers, and rewarding this appalling "quality" with a $25.00 tribute of submission.

I hope that something happens soon... I can't stand watching people leave not because they don't enjoy the game, but because the server in which they invested so much time to offers nothing in return.

Please Blizzard, gives us a sign, tell us "Hey you are screwed transfer off". GIve us something tangiable instead of holding onto some sort of hope that you will alleviate our current situation. There are pages of petitions some reaching the thread limit with no replies whatsoever. How long are you gonna be blind to our situation Blizzard? We know you see the problem, I would really appreciate some answers.
#94 - May 21, 2007, 10:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The realm is currently on the list of recommended realms and we're tracking it's progress.

The population balance numbers you're going to see on that site, for any realm, are not going to be accurate. While I understand it's the best you have to go as we don't release realm statistics, just remember to take it with a grain of salt. You can generally get a pretty good indication of how things are, but it's usually highly exaggerated, I'm guessing simply because of how the data has to be collected in a third-party situation.

As I said we've been tracking the progress of the realm and we've seen a steady growth in player population, although not drastic, almost all of the growth has been on the alliance. Hopefully we'll continue to see the same rise in player population, and hopefully most of that continues to be on the faction that is underpopulated.

We'll be tracking the realm's progress, and taking any additional steps should they be necessary.
#102 - May 21, 2007, 10:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Just out of idle curiosity, how often do you upgrade the recommended realms list?

Well we take a group of the lowest populated realms, mark them as recommended, pull them off as they fill up, and then repeat the process. I think Azshara is actually pretty well off, comparatively. I would be surprised if it made it on the recommended list after this group, but I don't have numbers in front of me.