Death knight unlockability question

#0 - Aug. 15, 2007, 8:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was just wondering if I unlocked the Death Knight class with this character will I be able to choose if I want them to be alliance or horde?

Also will I only be able to use the Death Knight class for this realm so If I want to change servers (have already 3 times), will I need to start a new character and level them to 80 do the quest again for that server?
#2 - Aug. 15, 2007, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I was just wondering if I unlocked the Death Knight class with this character will I be able to choose if I want them to be alliance or horde?

Also will I only be able to use the Death Knight class for this realm so If I want to change servers (have already 3 times), will I need to start a new character and level them to 80 do the quest again for that server?

We don't have any details about how the unlocking of a Death Knight will go as of yet or the specific limitations that may go with it. It's still a work in progress. When we actually do have more information on this, we'll let everyone know.
#11 - Aug. 15, 2007, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
First page?

Darn, I lost the first contest.

Anyways, constructive time!

Neth, is there any timeframe for when we'll be finding out about how this works, or will it be "SURPRISE!" ?

No timeline I could even hint at for you just yet.
#24 - Aug. 15, 2007, 8:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I still think there should be more information on the Wrath website about Death Knights, a lot of people still think only Paladins can be Death Knights.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/faq.xml

We'll be adding on to it as we go. While we don't say anything specific about classes we do say the following about races and given that not all races have Paladins, it would hopefully clear up that aspect a bit though more specifics will still need to be worked out.

What races will be allowed to play death knights?

We haven't yet made a final determination about which races can be death knights. However, the class will be available to both the Alliance and the Horde.
#31 - Aug. 15, 2007, 9:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Poor little cubicle slaves are being whipped into higher levels of production as we speak.

Whips are passe. We use tasers.
#43 - Aug. 15, 2007, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Do you really quest to become a dk? Who starts out there morning thinking "Y'know, I think I'm going to start down a path of despair and anguish until a soul-devouring evil consumes me"? It sounds more like it will be a quest to 'unleash' or 'free' a dk. More like starting your day by saying "Y'know, there's too much soul-devouring evil in the world today. If I did my part, maybe one of those knights could be returned to the service of good". Or somesuch. And that's (kinda) why they can't be restarted from lvl 1. You're unleashing this already existing 'person' back into the world, not introducing a new person.

Of course, my speculation is just as good (or worthless) as the next guy's. Nobody knows (the trouble I've seen)...Nobody knows (my sorrows)... :)

Who doesn't wake up in the morning and think, "I'd like a cup of soul-devouring evil to start my day off. Today is the first day of the rest of my world domination!"

I know that's what I think. ;)
#52 - Aug. 15, 2007, 11:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I didn't read the full thread so if this has been asked I'm sorry:

Will unlocking the Deathknight count against the max number of characters you have in the server? The reason i ask this is because I'm capped at my server and I would HATE having to delete a character to make space for a Dethknight.

At current, our answer is that we are not expanding the amount of character slots that are available. Strategic deletion may be your solution though I know it's not a popular one. Should this change though, we'll be letting everyone know.
#56 - Aug. 15, 2007, 11:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth, is PVP balance with the DK (and other classes) a high priority for level 80 gaming?

We'll be doing balancing on all classes for the expansion since we will be adding on not only levels, but spells and abilities as well.
#82 - Jan. 15, 2008, 5:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I like new threads. Older threads tend to have that decomposing smell to them that sticks to your skin and is hard to wash off.

In short, please don't necro. :(