VOICE CHAT IS UP! And not working...

#0 - Sept. 26, 2007, 6:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've done it in a channel, in a battleground, in a party.

The gold speaker icon shows up, my indicator shows I'm in the right channel, I hear the "push to talk" confirmation noise, my test recordings under voice options have me loud and clear... and nobody can hear each other.

GG Blizzard
#4 - Sept. 26, 2007, 6:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please post in the Bug section or in technical support to get more help on any possible issues you may be having. This will help us track down these issues on our end as well.
#14 - Sept. 26, 2007, 6:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Actually when it first comes up, there's no indication it's even activated.

I relogged every few minutes and checked my menu, then instead of just "sound" it said "voice and sound" so I activated it and got my guild mates to do the same.

I imagine the traffic isn't too bad yet, it's a slow time of day and maybe 2-5% of players realize voice chat is even running on our server.

There is a message of the day that should let you know it is active on your realm. I already checked it out on one of the realms and saw the message and was able to activate it.
#30 - Sept. 26, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Due to some errors that we have run into today, we are doing rolling restarts on the activated realms to deactivate the Voice Chat for the rest of the day. We intend to restart Voice Chat again tomorrow and will let everyone know when that occurs.