"turn up" your Difficulty

#0 - Sept. 27, 2006, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Both articles on the homepage said that there will be 2 different difficulty levels one may choose from... how exactly will this work. I am kind of confused. Does this work for instances?.... so can a lvl 70 guy take a lvl 60 quest and "turn up" the difficulty into a 70 quest? also says better loot will drop..... blizzard stated mc/aq/naxx will not be scaled but can it be "turned up" to a higher difficulty level. I am sure it cant but the article is very non-specific and in many ways misleading. Another example, are groups now going to be given preference due to the ability for them to increase difficulty level while questing and gain better loot, comparable exp because its hard mobs.

Anyone know the answers to these or have similar questions? i dont believe these have been answered from taking look at the forums latly.
#4 - Sept. 27, 2006, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It is only in the new 5-mans being released with BC. Old dungeons, quests, etc. are unaffected. Existing raids are unaffected.

I'm guessing that there will be a trigger or something outside the instance that tags your group as going into the "Hard" mode.

The enemies and loot inside are scaled from being a sub-70 dungeon to requiring a group of 70s. (Dunno about EXP)

This was answered before, but I believe the post was lost when the forums exploded.

This is true, we're only allowing the newly created 5-player capped dungeons in Burning Crusade to have multiple difficulty level options. As of right now there will essentially be two options, 'normal' and 'hard', although I'm sure we'll come up with better titles for each mode.

What players will discover in the 'hard' mode, is that the monsters will be much more difficult, and the loot drops much better.