Windy cloud bug - an update please?

#0 - Dec. 7, 2007, 4:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Dear Blizzard,

Could you please give us engineers an update on the windy could nerfing bug? This problem has been documented extensively on the forums since it cropped up about two weeks ago.

The one blue post I saw and my own conversation with the GMs suggest the nerfing is the result of a bug and not a conscious decision on the part of Blizzard. That being the case, has any progress been made elucidating the nature of the bug and more importantly, when it might be fixed?

Mote farming is/was a major source of income and now it's gone. Your guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Ebone, Echo Isles
#4 - Dec. 7, 2007, 6:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Dear Blizzard,

Could you please give us engineers an update on the windy could nerfing bug? This problem has been documented extensively on the forums since it cropped up about two weeks ago.

The one blue post I saw and my own conversation with the GMs suggest the nerfing is the result of a bug and not a conscious decision on the part of Blizzard. That being the case, has any progress been made elucidating the nature of the bug and more importantly, when it might be fixed?

Mote farming is/was a major source of income and now it's gone. Your guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Ebone, Echo Isles

We posted an update on the Profession forum that may have been swept away by other posts.

Essentially, our QA department found an error that was keeping Gas Clouds from respawning once harvested. This is fixed in patch 2.3.2 which should be on its way before too much longer.