I Demand Info on Sunwell!!!

#0 - Dec. 3, 2007, 4:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Have you guys even started working on this instance?

Throw us a bone here about this instance!!!
#13 - Dec. 3, 2007, 4:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Have you guys even started working on this instance?

Throw us a bone here about this instance!!!

Oh yes. We've been working on it. It's pretty. Shiny. Glowy. Sparkly. Oh so nice. All that beautiful Blood Elf architecture to feast your eyes on.

There you go. Information! ;) I'm sure you were looking for a bit more, but we don't have it to share just yet beyond what has already been shared.
#23 - Dec. 3, 2007, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

JAWSOME...oh wait, question. what percentage of the user base do you expect to see sunwell? considering its harder then BT. What percentage of guilds are in BT now? 3%?. (I am aware there is a 5 man with it, but you cant really expect anything "pretty,shiny,glowy and sparkly" from that).

developer time put to good use for sure!

As you said, there is also a 5 player dungeon that is going to be there among other things so anyone level 70 should be able to go there and get a good look around and get involved in this area. Do you want me to guess the percentage of people? No. I don't play those guessing games. Someone always gets hurt.

It's early on a Monday and the dripping negativity doesn't become you. We're excited about the Sunwell Plateau and looking forward to seeing everyone else get a chance to get in and see the work we've put into it.

#46 - Dec. 3, 2007, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Seriously...can we get some kind of ETA.

I just don't want it to be like Naxx. I Get to see three bosses and boom...expansion... I really can't stand missing content due to inconvenience...still have yet to convince a guild to get naxx keyed to go.

No ETA to give and you know we don't give them normally. We will get into more details before too much longer so that we can answer all of the questions everyone has about what we have in store.
#58 - Dec. 3, 2007, 6:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Apologies to Neth if I put words in your mouth.

No apologies necessary. I thought you were rather eloquent. :)
#67 - Dec. 3, 2007, 6:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

But neth, is the rumor I heard (read) about true?

It's not a rumor. I believe you are referring to information that was said by Jeff Kaplan.

Here's a quote from him about it:

Q u o t e:
Sunwell is coming along nicely. It will be on the PTR shortly after 2.3 goes to the live realms. We still need to perfect 2.3 a bit on the PTR.

The 5 person dungeon is complete and the 25 person raid instance is progressing nicely. There's also a cool "public" area featuring brand new daily quests called Sunwell Isle.

We really are looking forward to people being able to get in there and see what we've put together.
#78 - Dec. 3, 2007, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Since Kael is in Sunwell Plateau and is the one summoning Kil'jaeden we may have to suffer through another speech :p

Well what would a villain be without their monologue?? I mean really!
#86 - Dec. 3, 2007, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Does this mean that it is going to have recycled Silvermoon City architecture with nothing more than the same mobs reskinned that are in TK?

I'm really psyched for this place as it already has the epic feel going into it. Every night I say a prayer that it will be everything I'm hoping.

You've only seen some of the great Blood Elf architecture with Silvermoon City. I don't see how it could be recycled when we are talking about a consistency of an architecture style that is relatable to the Blood Elves. We're expanding on it and using it throughout the Plateau in all it's glory.

Will the armor be shiny? It's the Blood Elves. They are all about shiny. Some would say they are shiny on the outside so you don't see the darkness on the inside, but that' could be debatable based on which side you're on. ;)
#96 - Dec. 3, 2007, 7:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

i want to write it.

;) I'm sure should he have one, it will be properly villainous but you can feel free to be creative with what you'd imagine him to say.
#100 - Dec. 3, 2007, 7:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

so you can't even tell us something like 'we're shooting for q1 2008'? Farming Illidan is getting boring Candle! Bring on the content!

No, sorry I can't. You know how it can be. If we don't feel it's where we want it to be, it's not going to hit the PTR until it is where we want it to be. You all know what happens if we miss even a possible date, but if we can hint at it, we will.
#106 - Dec. 3, 2007, 7:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh yeah even more content that no one will ever see.

Notice how the 5 man is "done" but they are still working on the 25 man:

Blizz Intern 1: WOOOHOOO I finished the 5 man dungeon guys!
Blizz Developer: Great, let me look at it.
/snicker
/snicker
/snicker
Blizz Developer: Great job! (Thinks to himself, "For a 5 year old". Its redy for PTR. Let me and the rest of the developers know when it is in as I don't want to have that interrupt our team design adn implimentation for the 25 man portion.
Blizz Intern 1: After that what else?
Blizz Developer: I don't know, find some non-existent or non-impacting bugs to so we can pad the patch notes. Maybe reskin an icon for a class and call it "class improvement". All I know is the Dev Team can't be bothered over the next 2 months while everyone works on the Sunwell 25 man raid content. Nihilium and D&T excpet top notch work!

Imagine me staring at you.

Now imagine me posting the ascii headache guy but not actually doing it because we don't like that sort of thing here.

Now imagine us standing in Azeroth in the future and me waving at you as I wander into the new 5 player dungeon to enjoy myself while you pout outside. ;)
#116 - Dec. 3, 2007, 7:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

This just proves that a good chorus adds a lot to a boss fight. Neth, can we please have a chorus?

Well, I don't know, but I'll pass the word along. I agree that a good chorus can certainly bring up an event into epic status. As long as it's not children singing eerily. *shivers* Nothing scarier than that.
#138 - Dec. 3, 2007, 7:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Can you pass along that I think one of the bosses should be a giant blue candle? You know this is an awesome idea :-D

As absolutely fabulous as that sounds, I'm doubtful it will happen. I keep hoping for Nethaeraland too but that seems pretty unlikely. Oh well. I will just have to take over the world in other ways I guess.
#151 - Dec. 3, 2007, 7:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
As long as there's an easy way for both factions to get there I'll be happy.

So... am I happy?

There will be a way. Don't worry. Be happy.