Plans for an alternative metagem for casters?

#0 - Oct. 5, 2007, 2:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
At this point it seems apparent that despite what you stated after the patch 2.1.3, the Relentless Earthstorm Diamond (RED) wasnt intended for casters after all...

The Mystical Skyfire Diamond(MSD) is great for arcane mages and spriests, but for elemental shamans and frost mages, it reduces our main nuke under the global cooldown, which greatly reduces its effectivness. On the other hand, we are both classes who crit alot and thus really enjoyed the RED. Coupled with a very limiting meta gem requirements, many(myself included) simply went back to a low quality 12dmg&runspeed...

Pretty simple question...
Blizzard do you plans to change this and make a similar caster meta gem ? 12 int and 3% increased crit damage for example ?

Thanks
#2 - Oct. 5, 2007, 6:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
At this point it seems apparent that despite what you stated after the patch 2.1.3, the Relentless Earthstorm Diamond (RED) wasnt intended for casters after all...

Pretty simple question...
Blizzard do you plans to change this and make a similar caster meta gem ? 12 int and 3% increased crit damage for example ?

Thanks

I'm not sure I know what was stated, but you're right, it really wasn't intended for casters. Unless you love agility.

Yes, we do plan to make a meta gem that fills that gap. 12 spell crit rating, 3% crit damage.
#8 - Oct. 5, 2007, 6:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Has RED been hotfixed to work on white damage yet?

I don't have any documentation available to me at the moment, I thought it was fixed in 2.2.2?

[Edit] Right, I had said it could possibly be hotfixed, I'll have to check on it tomorrow.
#15 - Oct. 5, 2007, 6:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
this is why you should not work from home young man! Now drink hot milk and go to bed.

Can I add some ice and a couple other liquids to the milk?

The dude abides.
#25 - Oct. 5, 2007, 6:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Those "other liquids" are bad for gout.

That's Eyo, and he's been quite the teetotaler as of late.