Oh, great, you have to run ZA for PvP cloaks.

#0 - Sept. 18, 2007, 5:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
===

Seriously, where's the PvP healing cloak? You're adding a healing shield in 2.2, but you didn't notice that you're missing a cloak for healers?

I realize that a lot of people view WoW PvP as being about e-peen dueling and HEUG CRITZ, but how about setting aside five minutes to itemize a healer PvP cloak? I can't imagine it taking longer than that. You can just copy-paste the cloak graphic and Honor cost.

====

New topic title change after Kalgan post:

J/K LOL <3 TOM

====

D-D-DOUBLE EDIT 10/2/07:

I HAET YUO TOM, I don't want to have to grind rep with whatever faction ZA gives just to wear a PvP healing cloak! Please put an Honor healing cloak in too, with the same itemization budget as the two that are already on the vendor!
#23 - Sept. 29, 2007, 1:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Seriously, where's the PvP healing cloak? You're adding a healing shield in 2.2, but you didn't notice that you're missing a cloak for healers?

I realize that a lot of people view WoW PvP as being about e-peen dueling and HEUG CRITZ, but how about setting aside five minutes to itemize a healer PvP cloak? I can't imagine it taking longer than that. You can just copy-paste the cloak graphic and Honor cost.

There's a PvP healing cloak in patch 2.3. The vital stats are...

34 stam
15 int
16 spell crit
23 resil
+51 healing / +17 spell dmg

#38 - Sept. 29, 2007, 1:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Blue post, promptly expect this thread to explode into 23 pages.

Don't worry, I'll get my "very small predecided core group" to police it!
#49 - Sept. 29, 2007, 1:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Any further word on the hunter-tailored melee weapon, kind sir?

Yes, there's a Vengeful Gladiator's Waraxe

62 Stam
46 Crit
33 Resil
15 Hit
92 AP
98 Armor Penetration

Cost: 1000 arena points (no rating requirement)
#58 - Sept. 29, 2007, 1:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hopefully you are still checking this. There has been a question that I have wanted answered for a while about this subject. Why is it that you always roll out PvP healing gear much later then damage gear?

You have done it every time.

Early on we had a philosophy that we wouldn't put tanking gear or full sets of healing gear on the pvp vendors since at the time there were concerns that players would feel like it was advantageous to pvp in order to get gear to beat raid content.

Turns out that philosophy mostly sucked (although we're holding onto the no-tanking gear part of it), so we fully itemize for healing in PvP gear now and rely on resilience to make it pvp-specific enough that it won't be considered ultimate raid gear.
#68 - Sept. 29, 2007, 1:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Sucks. :( So hey since I momentarily have your attention and am unlikely to ever attend a Blizzcon, let me just throw caution to the wind and make a request.

Please focus a bit more on casual design, and a bit less on hardcore!

Very simple. Sincere request. I doubt I'm the only player who often gets totally lost reading through patch notes about all this really high end gear and dungeon content that I will never see. I watch Blizzcon or I see people talking about it and I hear quotes thrown around like "don't worry, no welfare epics" and similar comments from Blizz devs and it's like "huh? Are they smoking something? Casuals probably don't touch 10% of what Blizz spends 70% of its dev time for patches on, yet numerically we're a tentative large majority.

New expansions are extremely casual player oriented. 10 new levels are arguably more for casual players than anyone else (many hardcore players hate leveling), and trust me when I say that implementing 10 new levels and all the content associated with it requires more production time than anything else we do.

Between that and live casual content like daily quests, world events (like the upcoming Brewfest and further improved Halloween), etc we spend more time adding casual friendly content than I think you give us credit for.
#77 - Sept. 29, 2007, 1:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Since you're still here I'm going to badgerbadgerbadger you.

Mp5>Spellcrit for 3/4 healing classes.

Fair enough, the cloak now has 6 mana/5sec instead of the spell crit. Enjoy!