Please fix the Armory!

#0 - March 5, 2007, 11:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Every time I use the Armory it freezes on Firefox within a few actions. Sometimes it will work long enough for me to see what I was looking up. Other times it freezes right away. It freezes loading the site initially, when doing a search, when going back to the previous page, or when going to the next page of a search.

Yes, from what I've seen it does work with IE. However, the Armory, while great, will never get used by me any longer should it continue to require IE to use it reliably. I do not trust IE, and only still have it installed because of the windows updates. With how big Firefox is now, there is no reason you could not design the site to run reliably on it as well.

==========================================================

Update:

There seems to be two problems with Firefox and the Armory out there. One is with Windows users and the site randomly freezing FF. The other is with Mac users and the Armory never loading at all.

There seems to be a work around for the Windows users. As posted by Vul in post #58

Q u o t e:

This actually works.

1) Download and install the User Agent switcher extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/59/

2) Don't use any of the pre-existing user agents! Instead add a new user agent with the following properties:
Description: Firefox 2.0.0.2 (Windows XP)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
App Name: Netscape
App Version: 5.0 (Windows; en-US)
Platform: Win32
(Leave the rest blank.)

3) Select your newly-created user agent.

4) Go to http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/

5) Enjoy!

I Dl'd the addon about an hour ago and have not had the Armory freeze once on me. Now, this doesn't guarantee that it is fixed, but I haven't gone this long without it freezing before. I have no idea what it does, or why it seems to work. I only know that all seems fine for me so far. I hope it helps you windows users that have had the same problem.
#4 - March 6, 2007, 12:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been using it with Firefox and have not been having any issues. What version are you using, and can you maybe try disabling any Firefox add-ons you have installed?
#23 - March 6, 2007, 1:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, so maybe a Mac+Firefox issue? I'll pass that along.
#27 - March 6, 2007, 1:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am using FF 2.0.0.2

The only addon I have is IEview, which shouldn't have any baring on this, but I will try it w/o it enabled.

Edit: I'm using WindowsXP for this. I haven't even had a chance to test this with my iBook yet.

Hrm, well give it a shot and see how that goes. I can't imagine how that would affect it either since it's just a context menu addition. As I know the page works with (that version of) Firefox I'm really at a loss for suggestions beyond basic troubleshooting options for the browser.