Petition: Make Flying Mount Usable in Azeroth

#0 - Oct. 16, 2007, 8:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please make flying mount usable in Azeroth. It's not to much work, just put flyign guards in al lof the cities/towns.

It won't affect quests, as people with flying mounts shouldn't quest in azeroth. Sure people will exploit some spots for farming or whatever, but then after everyone knows about it, prices will stabalize.

If you still won't budge then you can restrict it to only land movement. That way I atleast only have to carry one item in my bag.
#33 - Oct. 16, 2007, 9:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is the only petition that i have ever responded to and /notsign

I would rather have blizz put more effort into new content then letting me fly around barrens ganking lowbies (on a pvp server) with 280% increase to my speed.

Haha, I just pictured the scene from "The Neverending Story", towards the end, where Bastian rides the Luckdragon and chases his bully into a dumpster.
#65 - Oct. 16, 2007, 9:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So then I guess flying mounts are going to be disallowed in North Rend completely. I mean since immersion is so important.

It would be pretty dumb to allow them to work at all in North Rend since it is on the same planet and all as the old lands.

First of all, Northrend will be part of the "old world", but technically speaking, it will not -- just as Burning Crusade content isn't. Also, we've been building Northrend from the ground up, with flying mounts in mind, much like we did with Outland.

Keep in mind everyone, it's not simply a matter of where we should be best spending our development and production time - though that's certainly a factor. There are plenty of other matters to consider as well.

We're also not saying it will never happen, but no plans anytime soon.