Why are people "Flaming" new Dreanei Shaman?

#0 - Jan. 18, 2007, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I see it like in every other post.

"OMG How original! An Alliance Shamn LOLWTFOSAMABINLADN!"

I don't understand this at all.
Why would anyone think that people wouldnt take advantage of one of the new race's classes?

Making fun of people on the internet is a given, I understand this. But I dont understand the reasoning behind this one.
#8 - Jan. 19, 2007, 4:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I see it like in every other post.

"OMG How original! An Alliance Shamn LOLWTFOSAMABINLADN!"

I don't understand this at all.
Why would anyone think that people wouldnt take advantage of one of the new race's classes?

Making fun of people on the internet is a given, I understand this. But I dont understand the reasoning behind this one.

It boils down to the fact that some people, feel a disdain for anything seemingly "trendy". This applies to any aspect in life. It's ironic that often times, as a result an anti-trend is born, which in reality (as far as I'm concerned) is just a trend in itself because ultimately what you're doing is following a system of beliefs or a group type, only for the sake of rebelling against what's deemed an offensive trend.

Anyway, I actually created a Draenei Paladin. I took great enjoyment when I typed in general, "Man, I'm so excited that I'm finally able to create a Paladin on the Alliance, I've waited so long for this to be possible and the day is finally come!", at which point I was flamed by all those who had no idea that I was joking. At least it caused all of the players in the zone to band together to ridicule a common enemy. Being the target of their text based massacre was a small price to pay for helping players to bond with one and other.
#12 - Jan. 19, 2007, 4:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
1st

Nice post eyonix

Thanks, I often think about a great deal of random stuff in life. I never claim to be right, but I'm on a path to learn as much as possible in areas of life I deem important. I actually refrain from getting going on the boards too much because, well, I can really go off into the deep end of certain subjects...
#16 - Jan. 19, 2007, 4:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I hear sociology classes are now included in our WoW subscription ...

No, they are not part of the subscription at all actually. They are offered freely, and apparently...whether you want them or not. :P
#17 - Jan. 19, 2007, 4:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Deep, man.

No need to get ugly....
#20 - Jan. 19, 2007, 4:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

have my baby

Felwood, 20 minutes. Bring FR gear...
#22 - Jan. 19, 2007, 4:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I prefer it without...

More fun that way, ya know?

You know what they say... no pain no game...

I'm a baby dragon, it's safer this way.
#49 - Jan. 19, 2007, 4:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I am not sure mob mentality really counts as community bonding, mind you that is just my opinion :P

Disagree with me?! See if I'll sell you any Diamond Berries...
#63 - Jan. 19, 2007, 5:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
whats with all the philosophy and social science regarding WoW.

i remember when games were games.

MMORPGs involve human interaction. Human interaction involves human beings. Human beings carry human aspects, one of which involves thought. Philosophy clarifies thought while social science builds an understanding of human aspect.

While you may be playing a game, you're still in this world, part of this life. Understanding philosophy and social science are crucial to community management, which is my role here at Blizzard.