The New Riding Crop Trinket Doesn't Stack?

#0 - Feb. 7, 2007, 12:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So I have the spirs (4%), carrot (3%), glove enchant (2%) = 9% speed increase.

When I saw the new riding crop (10%) I was lookin forward to getting +19% speed...
Sadly, it doesn't appear to stack with anything - you equip it with all the rest of the gear and it just overrides the rest giving you a total of 10%.

My question: is this intended? I hope it's a bug - I don't mind giving up 3 bag slots for an extra 9% mount speed. Alas, I'm thinking it's most likely intended - any blues, greens or informed people know?

P.S. Carrot, glove enchant and spirs all give less % speed increase with flying mounts compared to land mounts. Perhaps that has something to do with it?
#3 - Feb. 7, 2007, 12:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There's not any current intention to allow either on-foot or mounted travel to be increased by items beyond 10% that each type of travel already allows. So regardless of what you have equipped you're not going to get above 10%. The riding crop is really just a one stop replacement so you can clear out some space you might have been using for other speed increases. Hey, there's the bag space solution you've been wanting! Enjoy. ;)
#8 - Feb. 7, 2007, 12:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
LIES!

Crusader Aura FTW!

Erm, well the discussion was regarding items augmenting travel speed. I suppose I should have made my post specifically state so as well.