Dear blizz, 25man raid is a thing of the past

#0 - Oct. 23, 2007, 10:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The PvP system has changed numerous times since the first inception and it is being changed again with the addition of personal ratings in season 3.

In PvP you get to pit yourself against other people and go toe to toe until the end. In PvE you get to fight giant monsters of epic proportions.

While it may be easier for some people to get gear in one versus the other, we encourage people to do both or really just go for what you enjoy the most.
- from GM bonnark

It's been 9 months since TBC was released. The bosses have been nerfed, the trash has been thinned. Attunements have been lifted and "welfare" potions have been handed out... yet very few people are doing these 25-mans---even the "easy" ones. What most people enjoy doing is finding a way to get the BEST gears whether it's arena or 25man raid. Whether we deny it or not, trying to get the BEST gears is a big motivation factor/incentive for people to continue 25 man raids.

With arena season 3 being on par with BT gears, even less people on less server will attempt to raid SSC/the eye and push themselves to Black temple. A reason why 25 man raids should hold unrivaled top end pve gears is because it required you to interact/work with 24+ other people over a long period of time, spend lots of consumables/gold, and spent hours on end.

If we were to make Season 3 gears equal to black temple gears, then should we not make something like an extremely hard 2 man, 3 man, 5 man instance that drops black temple gears for casual pvers?
these hard 2 man, 3 man, 5 man instances would also not required you to down bosses for end game pve gears, it would only require you to kill some trash mobs and interact with 4 other people to gain reputation for BEST gears. As it stand there are very guilds that can motivate enough people to raid to black temple.

Main problem with arena gears on par with BEST pve gears:

Q u o t e:
Season 3 Arenas have very little PROGRESSION. You can go in with any gear you want and you will get gears that are on par with Black temple as a reward. The lack of progression means its not worth it to start raiding if you are just hitting 70, go spend one day pvp'n per week, and only for a few hours at that.

Also, you dont have to be any good to get arena gear. Its welfare epics, given to you whether you win or not. Yes, it takes a very long time to get these gears that are on par with black temple. If you win you get it faster, you lose you get it slower but you still get it.

If you go to black temple, the bosses dont say "oh well you wiped horribly but its ok, you do not have to win, just lose a few more times a week and ill give you some of my loot anyways." Ratings are a step in the right direction, but since its only two items, and older seasons lose their req, then its pointless.

Even if your rep sux, you can get all season 2 gears which is on par with SSC/The eye (t5s). All that and you never have to win a single fight, in fact you can zone in and go make some coffee for all it matters. You will get your gears that is on par with black temple in 2 months.

Ive done arenas to death, raiding way more than i really wanted and most any other aspect of the game. Arenas are by far the most screwed up as far as how lame the gear aquisition works.'

Q u o t e:

we've been trying to recruit paladins as we are stuck on vashj and kael and our paladin numbers have steadily dropped we gone thru 14 , all geared to least tier 4 or better and they quit )

nowadays speaking to potentiall recruits i get the same response , Nah i dont wanna raid, i am a paladin i can get BT loot easy in arena, 1900 rating as paladin is easy . Its quite frustrating trying to recruit ppl and i do understand where they are coming from. Why go thru the wipes and gold cost etc when as a ez mode arena class u can get equal gear with minimal effort in comparison ??

#19 - Oct. 23, 2007, 10:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
- from GM bonnark

*scratches head*

The 25 person raid model isn't a thing of the past as we plan to continue making them with the Sunwell and Wrath of the Lich King. While some players may not enjoy raiding, there are some who really do and we have to keep that in mind when designing new content. We plan to continue making raid dungeons of this size in the future along with PvP content, daily quests, and 5 person dungeons.
#892 - March 12, 2008, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Er, they haven't told you about 10 man raids yet? You should try playing the game ocassionally. Or should we assume that Blizzard thinks that 10 mans are a failed concept? LOL.

While this post is quite old, we have stated multiple times that we plan to continue making 10 person dungeons along with everything else. And yes, I have cleared Karazhan and Zul'aman multiple times. ;-)

That said, please do not necro threads, thanks.