Please confirm the 41 pt talent changes?

#0 - Nov. 3, 2006, 4:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Priests have been speculating over this since last night. Some rather significant changes were made to all 3 of our 41 pt talents on the "New TBC Priest Abilities" page, but they are not reflected in the talent calculator nor are they currently in effect in beta. Are these typos (all three of them), or changes that will be put in the next beta patch? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
#15 - Nov. 3, 2006, 5:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Why is Bill the Cat playing a Priest?

Ok, this made me laugh.

Which three things did you see weren't matching up? First thing would be to make sure you clear your cache when viewing the pages. Sometimes things get 'stuck'.

If it still seems something is off, I'll definitely make sure we take a look to see if there is an error that needs addressed.
#19 - Nov. 3, 2006, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

1. PS has a 30 yd range (we thought it was self cast only)
2. CoH has 3 min cooldown and instant cast
3. VT is instant cast with 1.5 sec cooldown instead of 1.5 sec cast.

Give me a few and I'll double check on everything for you all.
#36 - Nov. 3, 2006, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, I'm showing on the Talent Calculator the following:

Pain Suppression
Rank 0/1
Requires 40 points in Discipline
154 Mana
Instant Cast 3 min cooldown
Reduces all damage taken by 60% for 8 sec

Circle of Healing
Rank 0/1
Requires 40 points in Holy
400 Mana 40 yd range
Instant Cast
Heals target party member and other party members within 15 yards of the target for 289 to 319

(other trainable ranks as listed in the talent calculator)

Vampiric Touch
Rank 0/1
Requires 1 point in Shadowform
Requires 40 points in Shadow
325 Mana 30 yd range
1.5 sec cast
Causes 450 Shadow damage over 15 sec to your target and causes all party members to gain mana equal to 5% of any Shadow spell damage you deal.

(other trainable ranks as listed in the talent calculator)

*Edited to correct some mana costs... It helps not to have mana cost reduction talents added to see the correct numbers. ;)
#43 - Nov. 3, 2006, 5:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I wonder if she can elaborate how Circle of Healing will work. Will it work in a raid setting rather just in a group setting? If not, I can understand. Just thought I'd through it out there while we're on the subject.

It works like "Prayer of Fortitude" right now where you target the party member in your raid and cast then it will affect all those that are in that party. That said, we are still in testing so the mechanic could still possibly change.
#45 - Nov. 3, 2006, 5:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-priest/spells.html

Scroll to the bottom.

Ahh gotcha. Ok well the talent calculator is more right than that page. I'll make sure we get that corrected.
#55 - Nov. 3, 2006, 6:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Hmmm....I thought it was going to work like Chain Heal, but I guess not.

Having it only affect the party is ok...but a smart heal like Chain Heal would be more beneficial.

This is still a possibility. I don't have any more information on this as of yet but will make sure to follow-up on it.

BTW... The pages should now be corrected to read with the most recent and accurate information.
#74 - Nov. 3, 2006, 6:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'd rather see you make Pain Suppression targetable like Power Infusion. Then it would be worth a 41 point talent!

It's worth it now from what I've seen with it not being targetable. Sometimes it's all about self-preservation too! "Save the Priest and save the party!"

Also to follow up on Mind Flay, it is scaling better than what it used to and is giving out some solid damage.
#91 - Nov. 3, 2006, 6:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I know mindflay is scaling better than the current game version but aparently in beta the value has been twisting between 57% and 81% pretty often and without any sort of notice. Can any blue show up in the priest beta foruns for some insight on the subject? We just wanted to know why it scales diferently from all other spells in game (and yes, considering the slowing effect)

Perhaps you were experiencing it while it was being adjusted. It was very powerful for a bit and then was scaled back to be more balanced.
#98 - Nov. 3, 2006, 7:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I suggest waiting to try things out first before condemning. Everyone isn't going to be happy about everything however, overall people in beta that are playing it seem to be enjoying it and are being very forthcoming in giving great feedback on the things that need fixed or changed.
#100 - Nov. 3, 2006, 7:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth said..
"No, sorry to dissapoint but there isn't a new instance added. There will be some other goodies put in that people will enjoy like the LFG system, new honor system, new talents/abilities up to the 41 points and maybe a couple other goodies that people have been waiting for.

But not a new instance like what you're thinking. "

Thought we had 51 points? I am looking and i have 51 now am I losing 10 with this patch!!?? OMG!?

Up to the 41 point talents. Not total of 41 points. :(
#102 - Nov. 3, 2006, 7:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I've been keeping tabs, they don't like Pain Suppression.

I love it from what I've tested. I guess I'm not part of 'they'. :)
#117 - Nov. 3, 2006, 7:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Probably because you are on a carebear server and no one has dispelled it from you?

LOL It's been a long time since someone called me a carebear. However, I will say that my character that I am playing most at current is on the PvE realm in beta because of the change over and I haven't had the chance to copy to the PvP realm yet.

My loving it comes from using it with reflective shield to smash the tar out of things on a PvE basis. Now, that said, I suggest putting in suggestions in beta on things you see that could use tweaking. These things MAY or may not come to pass since we are starting to get closer to the release.

I am by no means calling "Pain Suppression" the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, I believe that it is not 'useless' or not not worth the 41 points. It's more like, 'useful to some' and not necessary to all.

I am still toying with different things in the beta on many levels from playing the Blood Elf, to playing the Draenei, to doing dungeons, trying various specs on classes (where I can), exploring and trying to soak up as much 'real' experience in the beta as I can so I can give my own feedback or understand what others may be experiencing.

I need a 72 hour day. ;)