Goodbye, the last great AV weekend.

#0 - Oct. 30, 2007, 1:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post

75 000 honor capped later, I have to say I'll miss you AV weekend.

Now, the PTR version of AV isn't set in stone, but after trying it out and seeing the turtle fest for what it is, I don't think I'll be able to average 25k-30k honor a weekend (1.5k-2k an hour) ever again.

I have to admit I had my reservations about horde winning more often due to the ability to report AFKers, but because of this, games ended even faster than before, hard to believe. My honor per hour actually increased.

Those that understood AV weekend knew it was not really about winning but about amassing as much honor as you can before it ends. A good chunk of those games had the losing team end up with more honor than the winning team because the winning team was too focussed on killing the general and not killing commanders and lieutenants and capping towers.

I saw a blue commenting that they want to keep the honor gain at about the same level, but unless they make serious changes to the PTR version, I don't see how that'll happen. So, I say goodbye to AV weekend and I'll miss you.
#39 - Oct. 30, 2007, 3:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

75 000 honor capped later, I have to say I'll miss you AV weekend.

Now, the PTR version of AV isn't set in stone, but after trying it out and seeing the turtle fest for what it is, I don't think I'll be able to average 25k-30k honor a weekend (1.5k-2k an hour) ever again.

I have to admit I had my reservations about horde winning more often due to the ability to report AFKers, but because of this, games ended even faster than before, hard to believe. My honor per hour actually increased.

Those that understood AV weekend knew it was not really about winning but about amassing as much honor as you can before it ends. A good chunk of those games had the losing team end up with more honor than the winning team because the winning team was too focussed on killing the general and not killing commanders and lieutenants and capping towers.

I saw a blue commenting that they want to keep the honor gain at about the same level, but unless they make serious changes to the PTR version, I don't see how that'll happen. So, I say goodbye to AV weekend and I'll miss you.

Oh, how easily we cast aside those we love. Or in this case the battleground you love.

Keep in mind that the AV changes are still in testing on the PTR. We are fully aware of the concerns in regard to honor gains per hour and are continuing to work toward getting the gain closer to what it is now. For instances, we are lowering the amount of reinforcements and raising the honor gain a bit. The daily quests are also going to help. We're still fine tuning the changes with this battleground, however, so it's a bit too soon to say goodbye to it.

We are also going to make capturing a mine more worthwhile as well. Capturing a mine is going to give you back reinforcements as long as you hold it. It should be about +1 for every 45 seconds.

We want Alterac Valley to be fun and yet still give a solid amount of honor. Keep an eye on the test realm and keep giving feedback on the changes.
#44 - Oct. 30, 2007, 3:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You're early today. We don't usually see logic around here for another hour or so.

I've managed to get a caffeine drip going a bit earlier this morning than usual. ;)