Please confirm Season 4 details

#0 - March 19, 2008, 9:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I saw a blue post stating that, in 2.4, s1 is being dropped, s2 is going to change into s1's place, and s3 is going to be brought down in price. He/She also mentioned that s4 gear will not be available at this time. Reasoning was that the gap between s1 -> s2 was larger than s2 - > s3.
#2 - March 19, 2008, 9:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There will be no changes to gear availability/rating requirement until Season 4 starts, which will not begin when patch 2.4 goes live.

When Season 4 starts here's what will happen:

• Season 1 removed
  • Season 2 moved to honor
  • Season 3 rating requirements and prices lowered
    • Shoulders: 1950 rating
    • Weapon: 1800 rating

• Season 4 gear added

Season 4 isn't expected to begin any time soon, but as always we plan to give at least a two week notice before it does. Stay tuned to these forums or any of your fine local fansites as I'm sure the information will spread fairly rapidly once we do announce a Season 4 start date.

[edit: Season 3 prices and Season 4 rating requirements are not yet announced. All information contained herein is of course, as always, subject to change.]
#6 - March 19, 2008, 9:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
poor drysc has to post on topics like this everyday

I don't mind helping clarify important information over and over. It's worth it if I can curb the amount of posts made the day 2.4 launches asking where the Season 4 gear is, y'know?
#11 - March 19, 2008, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Any word on how much the s3 rating will be lowered?

Yeah, let me try to find that and I'll update my post.
#29 - March 19, 2008, 10:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

O.O

Gonna hold you to this :)

I thought it had been announced already, possibly by an EU CM, maybe I was wrong. Does anyone remember the new Season 3 rating requirements being posted already?
#44 - March 19, 2008, 10:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
WHAT ABOUT S1 BEING REMOVED?

i r inturrested gnome! do we keep what we have, or do we get s2 replacements, or do we just lose it and have to re-grind honor?

You get to keep your items of course, they'll just no longer be available for purchase from the vendors.
#58 - March 19, 2008, 10:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Drysc doesn't 1950/1800 seem abit high rating for pieces a season old. Hell if you can get 1800 in next season you have no problem hitting 1850 now. I dont know what class/ spec you arena as but im an enhance shaman who arenas with long time rl friends so our class match ups arent the most competitive. Looks like im going to have to bribe gladiator guildies to get my rateing to 1850. oh and who in the world is going to buy season3 at 1800 when season 4 is 1850, the point difference is so minimal you might as well just take season 3 out of the game.

I think you're making a few too many assumptions...