Trash should not be a pacing mechanism

#0 - April 6, 2007, 4:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This was coming from Tigole i believe, who said that trash mobs, and trash respawns are a pacing mechanism, and that if you are getting respawns, something is wrong.

Our guild is small. We are finally starting up Karazhan after spending our time doing as many quests as possible, and getting the most out of the 5 mans as possible, and are finding that our progress isnt hindered by gear, or even by our own play styles.

It is being hindered by 30 minute respawn timers because we are not allowed time to get in boss attemps. Now granted, some would say, give yourself the wipe prevention. Of course, a Soul Stone, a Shaman, or even a DI'ed priest would work wonders, and we do this of course. I mean, every good group would do this of course to give yourself a chance at a given boss.

However, when those fail you, or timers arent up, you are forced to run back. Unlike many areas in the old raids, and such (granted more people in there), there are no actually stagging areas that allow you a rebuff and lets go again spot.

In Karazhan, you wipe once, or twice, and you dont have your wipe prevention up, you all of the sudden are stuck at the beginning again, and all of the sudden, you are staring at respawns that you have already cleared out.

This has no longer become a pacing device at all. It has become a delay device from allowing your group many many chances on working on a boss.

Personally, the trash should not be something you have to work on. Obviously there is a learning curve to it, but once is enough. Then its time to get to the fun parts of the instances, the bosses.

If anything, trash should be implemented to warm you up to manuevers the boss will perform, not continuously respawn to make you stay in there for hours and hours on end, wracking your brains against trash that doesnt teach you anything, isnt fun, and isnt exciting.

I know this is an old topic, and i can understand the idea of respawns, but honestly, put it either on long long timers, or not at all. We dont want to go through what i saw one person call "World of Trashcraft" over and over. Id love to spend an hour on a boss learning it, maybe 4-8 tries if need be. You can go ahead and say we suck for taking that many tries, but its fun.

But to only get in 2 attempts, then another half hour of clearing trash? We've been doing that since Rage Fire Chasm...we understand trash. Let us have our new boss encounters.

#6 - April 6, 2007, 4:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're going to be making some changes to trash in Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep, to make them a bit easier, slower to respawn, and provide some greater incentive to killing them. We'll be continuing to tune and re-tune dungeons and encounters, but currently these are the two we're most concerned with and will be focusing on.