Mage fixes in 2.3!!!!!!!

#0 - Sept. 26, 2007, 2:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You told us you'd talk about 2.3 after 2.2 was out. 2.2 is out now, so spill!

Edit: Drysc spilled!
Straight from Shaggy's keyboard to our eyes:
Q u o t e:
To help you bear with the pain until a patch is released that carries a fix, it may help to know that in 2.3 we're planning a change for Ice Barrier to gain additional benefit from spell damage bonuses. However, the base absorb values of ranks 5 and 6 have been reduced.

Q u o t e:
What an amazing coincidence, it just so happens that [Arcane Meditation] is being increased to [10/20/30% mana regeneration] in patch [2.3].

Q u o t e:
It may not matter for much longer though as we're changing Evocation in 2.3 to instead restore 15% of your total mana every 2 seconds, instead of being a Spirit-based mana regen increase.

Q u o t e:
Q u o t e:
1. Will the water well and muffin factory be in 2.3?

It's called Ritual of Refreshment and will allow players to pick up their own stacks of food/water, similar to a Soulwell.

Q u o t e:
2. Any news on the damage tax?

Obliterated. Damage coefficient reduction removed from Improved Fireball/Frostbolt.

Q u o t e:
3. Will the buff to spirit be in 2.3(i know this isn't specifically a mage issue)

It's been a while since I've asked, but I don't believe any sweeping Spirit based changes are planned for 2.3. I'll have to check. They're still planned, but I believe it's for a patch after 2.3.

Q u o t e:
4. Are our AoE spells being looked at?

Not for 2.3.
#17 - Sept. 26, 2007, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You told us you'd talk about 2.3 after 2.2 was out. 2.2 is out now, so spill!

There are only so many ways to say this-

Soon. soon SOON Soon or anon, before long, betimes, directly, early, ere long, expeditiously, fast, fleetly, forthwith, hastily, in time, instantly, lickety-split*, on time, posthaste, presently, promptly, pronto, quick, quickly, rapidly, short short, shortly, speedily

Have patience :) Besides, if we spill, someone has to clean it up and I'm not on clean-up today. ;p
#41 - Sept. 26, 2007, 4:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You're acting like your not going to get complaints no matter what. It's not like you guys aren't well trained in ignoring complaints. Why not release the information now? Since you did state that it would come "soon" after 2.2. Are you sure you guys weren't trained by former Iraqi Information Minister, or perhaps Tony Snow?

Relax commando! We've synchronized our watches after many deep cover meetings and pizza binges. It's coming. ;)
#47 - Sept. 26, 2007, 4:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Shaman heard this back in MAY.

5 months is NOT soon or beforre long, or directly or any of the other phrases you dug out of the recesses of your twisted mind, Neth.

And I will tell you this- If mages hear about changes before Shaman do, there may be some uproar.

Would it help if I said "very" soon? Does the "very" tacked on there help you a little?
#54 - Sept. 26, 2007, 4:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Like the "Meeting" that Eyonix and Tseric used to tout?

Yeah, they never bothered to report on any of that. At all.

So pardon us for losing a good degree of confidence on the CMs ability to gather and report ANYTHING lately.

Too early in the morning for anger and angst my Troll friend. :) I've only gotten through half of one mocha and have another sitting by for extra caffeine today. mmmmm caffeine. So soothing.
#70 - Sept. 26, 2007, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I still have nightmares sometimes.

Me too. *shivers*
#167 - Sept. 26, 2007, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

lol, even better.

Tickling will suffice then.

I anger when tickled. Do not come near with the feathers! Or you all could take the discussion to the Mage forum. ;) Maybe if you put out some tea and cookies, we might stop in.
#174 - Sept. 26, 2007, 6:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

CM's on the mage forums. Do you even know whre its at? Heres some help:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=10017&sid=1

I've been there before, thanks. :)
#227 - Sept. 26, 2007, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth, I must say your posts are really entertaining to read. But you did make one mistake....

Where's the addendum for the '*' on lickety-split??

I forgot to grab it. :( Who doesn't know what lickety-split means though? Right?
#230 - Sept. 26, 2007, 7:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Uhh.... Me? lol I suppose?

When I click on it it says - PDQ*, accelerated, active, agile, blue streak*, breakneck*, brisk, chop chop, dashing, double time, electric, expeditious, expeditive, flashing, fleet, fleeting, flying, hair-trigger, hasty, hot, hurried, hypersonic, lickety-split, like crazy*, like mad*, mercurial, nimble, posthaste, presto, pronto, quick, racing, rapid, ready, screamin'*, snap*, snappy*, speedball*, swift, velocious, winged

If that helps at all. :)
#246 - Sept. 26, 2007, 9:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
"Soon" apparently means "today" today. Thanks Neth and Drysc, and as always MORE! ;)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1777877201&pageNo=1&sid=1#1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1778046435&pageNo=2&sid=1#25
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1778587218&postId=19976315148&sid=1#16
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1778026213&postId=19976314668&sid=1#51

( I still think she shouldn't let Drysc have all the fun. Come on Neth - you know you want to lay a big juicy tidbit on us! Dooooo eeeeet!)

Edit: Too slow Neth! Drysc dropped all the joy bombs!

It's ok. I like working with the team to get out information where we can. I'm not greedy!

Although, that whole steak analogy almost made me cry. I love a good steak. That and a nice baked sweet potato and I'm happy.