When does v2.2.0 Go Live?

#0 - Aug. 29, 2007, 9:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So is there any date as of yet when 2.2.0 goes live?
#6 - Aug. 29, 2007, 9:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So is there any date as of yet when 2.2.0 goes live?

Later, but sooner than much later. We're getting there though.

For some reason I feel like when I answer these questions that it's like taking a car trip and all the passengers saying, "Are we there yet?"

We're not there yet, but we're passing the mile markers ok so far. :) We just don't have a specific date to give nor do we normally give a date.
#22 - Aug. 29, 2007, 9:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Pull over, I have to use the bathroom.

Why didn't you go at the restaraunt?? *sigh*

#34 - Aug. 29, 2007, 9:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Makes you wonder if Blizzard has deadlines or target dates for implementation or is it more of a, “We’ll get to it when we get to it.” attitude?

Of course there are deadlines and target dates. But that doesn't mean we'll put something out that we don't feel is ready to be put out.

As for the one content patch in 9 months, don't forget we also released an expansion pack first in January and then the next content patch was extremely large. We could argue over size of the patch vs. speed of smaller patches, but it just comes down to what we feel needs to be done and when.

We understand people wanting the process to go faster. We like getting things done as quickly as possible ourselves, but we aren't going to sacrifice quality when we don't need to.
#42 - Aug. 29, 2007, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I understand this, the question I have then is why do you add "extra features" (ie voice chat) to the game when mechanics are broken instead of fixing them and then adding the features? I am really tired of trying to do arenas where people kite and things a ton and I have to stand on top of them to hit them in cat form. If the other features aren't up to quality, can't we get a hotfix? It's sad that this bug has been in since day one and things like voice chat are actually "more important or equally important" (as your post above seems to indicate) when most people have vent or teamspeak.

Sorry for the rant, I just lost about 40 arena points only because some locks, shadowpriests, and mages kited me around while my stupid range only let me hit them when they ran under me.

Different people in the Development Team have different tasks. Many people mistake that just because they can see one aspect of what we are working on that it is the entirety of what we are working on. In the meantime, we are working on far more than just the patch on the test realm which includes many different elements that people might have concerns over. For instances, the cat form issue is something that we are continuing to look into for a better resolution. I couldn't say when (if) that might be resolved since it's not simply a quick fix, obviously. I understand the frustration though.

Everyone has their priorities of what they feel is most important to be worked on and unfortunately, we will never be able to live up to every single one of those expectations. So, we need to keep focus of what we feel we can get done in the best possible way in the best possible time frame.

I don't know how else to explain it beyond that. Priorities shift and change as they are needed and sometimes a resolution can make itself known when newer technologies are made available.