If you remove DKs I will destroy Mulgore

#0 - Nov. 2, 2006, 5:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am not kidding. I didn't get 'Arthas Server biggest assclown DK farmer' title just to have it removed from testing.

Without the fear of ranking down, I will get my entire guild to make Mulgore unplayable.

This is not a threat, but a simple illustration of why DKs were implemented in the first place -- to avoid using in-game mechanics to make questing impossible for low level players.

It's a pvp server as well so nobody can warn us.

Bah.

This won't be the end of me! I will ding 70 and spend my days haunting Mulgore!

/empty threats
#54 - Nov. 3, 2006, 12:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Without the fear of ranking down, I will get my entire guild to make Mulgore unplayable.

This is not a threat, but a simple illustration of why DKs were implemented in the first place -- to avoid using in-game mechanics to make questing impossible for low level players.

With the low amount of people coming through Mulgore each day I really doubt you'll keep an entire guild completely dedicated to making it a questing wasteland, but if someone really wanted to they sure could try.

You also mention "without the fear of ranking down", indicating you're also at least somewhat interested in PvP honor rewards. I'm not quite sure how you'll continue working towards the new rewards while you kill everything in sight over and over ad nauseam, not to mention completely ignoring all of the expansion content as well.

The face of the world has changed so substantially since the time when the dishonorable kills were implemented that we don't think removing them would have the same impact it did back then. We will be keeping an eye on everything though, and if it becomes absolutely necessary that we step in then we will.