WOTLK Pre-patch 3.0

#0 - April 10, 2008, 4:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When can we expect patch 3.0?

When can we expect details regarding 3.0, as it relates to 51 point talents, new and upgraded spells/abilities, and class balance changes?

Thanks for answering my question!
#6 - April 10, 2008, 4:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
When can we expect patch 3.0?

When can we expect details regarding 3.0, as it relates to 51 point talents, new and upgraded spells/abilities, and class balance changes?

Thanks for answering my question!

(Answers in classic form)

When it's ready.

We'll have more details for everyone once we get closer to/and into beta for Wrath of the Lich King.
#13 - April 10, 2008, 4:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
but we will get a 3.0 patch (with upgrades) prior to the release of the expansion, just like the case with BC?

I couldn't tell you at this point in time. Sorry. We'll do our best to keep everyone informed of what patches we have planned and what they will contain as we go along.
#15 - April 10, 2008, 4:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You do realize you've just effectively confirmed the pre-patch, right? I'm sure you do :)

The wait is far too long in these dev cycles, I tell ya...

Read my post above yours. ;) The most I've said is what and when is yet to be determined and we'll let everyone know when it's the right time on both of those.
#22 - April 10, 2008, 4:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth, I suggested this in a thread which readily slipped off the forums, but: Are you given information which is WELL more advanced than what the community gets? If so, do you ever find it frustrating that should you ever share such information, you'll be punished / fired / have your blankie taken?

I would never purposefully breach confidentiality for the company. I love my job and I love being able to take part in the "reveal" with the rest of the company. It's a part of the fun of what we do. (Though some have claimed we do it just to torture people.)

Yes, I often know of many many things that are in the works well in advance. No, I'm not about to tell you what those are until it's time to do so.
#30 - April 10, 2008, 4:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
lol Neth Deleted my post?

why? for telling whiny babies to stfu...I'm doing you guys a favor.

Posting about deleted posts is bad. But it was your choice of words that did the post in. I would mourn it if I had the time, but alas, I don't. ;)