Tauren Weapons - Part 3

#0 - April 10, 2008, 5:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
" I re-opened the previous thread to keep these together. We appreciate your dedication to your race but we have no current plans to revert this as it was intended."

Was the last response to part 2 before they locked the thread. They have now locked the thread that he just re-opened.

If the response is going to continue to be "working as intended - we really don't care what our customers think", then how about a real explanation for the change?

I understand that commenting on what spell you want in real life is probably more important to you, but it would be nice if Blue actually took the time out to address a real concern for a large population of it's players.

Or, you can just play par for the course, and lock or delete this thread as seems so typical of Blue these days.

I have years into my account and I think the least Blizzard could do is give us a reasonable explanation for changing our avatar so dramatically and for seemingly no reason as of yet.

*Edited the title- Nethaera
#6 - April 10, 2008, 6:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
" I re-opened the previous thread to keep these together. We appreciate your dedication to your race but we have no current plans to revert this as it was intended."

Was the last response to part 2 before they locked the thread. They have now locked the thread that he just re-opened.

If the response is going to continue to be "working as intended - we really don't care what our customers think", then how about a real explanation for the change?

I understand that commenting on what spell you want in real life is probably more important to you, but it would be nice if Blue actually took the time out to address a real concern for a large population of it's players.

Or, you can just play par for the course, and lock or delete this thread as seems so typical of Blue these days.

I have years into my account and I think the least Blizzard could do is give us a reasonable explanation for changing our avatar so dramatically and for seemingly no reason as of yet.

As we've said already (or Drysc said)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5640666530&postId=56401492803&sid=1#37

Q u o t e:
As the change was made to fulfill an artistic desire to reduce the amount of clipping the weapons exhibited while sheathed we have no plans to revert the change at this time.

The art department does work very hard to address graphical issues wherever they can, and clipping issues can be reported on the Bug Report Forum the same as any other issue should there be an issue.

There is always a method to the madness even when it may not be something we can fully disclose.

Ultimately, what it really comes down to is, does size really matter?
#23 - April 10, 2008, 6:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Yes, yes it does.

We're Tauren... one of the largest races in the game and known well for it. We don't deserve puny weapons the size of a gnome's that can snap in half :/

Artistic appeal is very important to those that play their characters, and changing something so sporadically with a reason that has been present for years (and applies to other races) does not please those that actually liked how it was. Orc shoulders were a good example, even IF it was considered a bug. Sometimes the players really don't mind a little bit of unrealistic clipping if it makes them look cool, and no one had a problem with it before.

It was one of the things that defined Tauren and their immense size...

I can understand your concerns on this. I really can. I could understand the concerns a bit more if we had significantly reduced the size of your weapons as you were holding them though.

I can, of course, forward your concerns on this. But, we don't have plans to change this back at this point in time. Now, that doesn't preclude that in some time in the future, we might find a better way of fixing the clipping issue outside of resizing, but for now, it stands as is.

I also need to convey that we need to stick with our convictions sometimes on what we feel is acceptable or not when it comes to these sorts of issues. I don't mean that in any way to be condescending so please don't take it that way. But, we have a set of standards our teams strive to achieve and if they are feeling that there is an issue they need to correct, they are going to correct it.

Should things change, should we have an alternate solution, or some other way of finding a happy middle ground on this, we'll definitely let you know.

The only thing I ask is that people stop creating additional threads and please do not attempt to derail other threads with this issue. I know you're just trying to reach out and share your feelings and your concerns, but they are known and understood. We just aren't changing anything back at this point in time.
#26 - April 10, 2008, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Strap weapons to our heads. They can be any size and never clip.. unless we fall over.

Tauren tipping is on the rise. It could be dangerous.
#44 - April 10, 2008, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So Neth you are suggesting that all taurens spam the bug report about our "new" weapons clipping improperly from now until the end of time?

Or make thread after thread and submit GM ticket after GM ticket until this is fixed?

I think you are

I would strongly suggest you didn't spam report as it would only result in your suspension. This change is not a bug. My reporting bugs comment was simply for other graphical errors or bugs that you may find in the game. Of course you already understood that before you posted. ;)
#50 - April 10, 2008, 6:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

My tiny a$$ weapons are a graphical error so why would it be wrong? The size of my weapons before wasnt a bug either was it? SO i had buggy giant weapons for almost 3 years and now they are "fixed" ?

And you guys wonder why no one believes a word out of your mouth.

And why would i care? You have already ruined what enjoyment i use to get from being a Tauren, the reason i rolled a Tauren warrior was because of how they looked with a weapon.

It would be wrong because of the rules of these forums and the Terms of Use of which both cover spamming/trolling and disruption of service as well as Harassment. Please don't do it. They are not an error, as we've confirmed several times. I'm not suspending you from the forums at this point in time. I'd rather not have to in the near future either.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=82238231&sid=1
#92 - April 10, 2008, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Passive aggressively threatening to suspend posters is a good start in snowballing this issue even bigger. Bravo!

It's called a warning. The poster in question was threatening to spam the forums and the GMs. I was informing them this is in violation of our policies and would rather people avoid being suspended than having to suspend.

I've already stated I would forward the concerns on, but there is nothing else that is to be said. This was a conscientious choice and change to the graphic ONLY while the weapons are sheathed. All other times they are their same size as before. We have stated it was only an aesthetic change.

As for the question, "Does size really matter?" it was rhetorical and tongue in cheek.

The weapons still function the same and the gameplay has not been changed as a result of the graphic while sheathed being changed slightly.